Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt sharing ..Day 1

Hi everyone,

I'm going to follow Joy and take a turn. Most of mine will be tops. I'm going to be quilting like crazy this winter. I hope you enjoy the show!

I'll start off with one I did this past weekend. Someone bought me a bunch of st paddys day fabrics but they aren't the best quality so I thought what the heck make an ugly st paddys day quilt. 20200830_211850.jpg

Next I finished the woven basket I started last week for Daniel's birthday. This was not a fast project lol and I told him be honored because I will never make another one. I gave up on the point top and used painters tape to evenly sew around 4 inches up trimmed and put binding. I do like how it turned out!
    20200830_194102.jpg
    20200830_194105.jpg
    I'm a traditional type quilter so had to do a 1930's quilt
    20200808_142646.jpg

This is one of my very first quilts I ever made. The wonderful lady who taught me to quilt helped me. 20200808_142824.jpg

I love everything! The basket looks quite time consuming but it turned out so good looking.
    Your 1930s quilt is really cute! Thanks, Rachel.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Everything is great, but I especially like the 1930s quilt. More and more my interests lean toward reproduction fabrics and patterns, and that 1930s quilt hits all the marks! Great job. Looking forward to the rest of the week.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

Everything is beautiful. The basket looks very time consuming but is lovely. I am also a reproduction fabric enthusiast and I love the 1930's quilt.
        Carlie

Comment

Rob, I have scraps left over that are 2 1/2" x 5" you are welcome to them if you need a head start. Some are actual 1930's prints from the 30's from a swap I did. I'd have to gather them up to see how many. My daughter has been in my fabric lol my organized piles are haywire now!

Comment

Rachel,

That's very generous of you. I certainly wouldn't turn them down, but don't take any time away from your life in or out of the sewing room to do that. Take your time.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Rachel. Those bears blocks sure are cute. I recognize some of those '30's fabrics. I think I've used a few in one or two of my baby quilts. But mine were reproduction fabrics. Your St. Paddy's Day ugly quilt turned out prettier than mine; it is waiting for a pieced backing & quilting. I've never made a basket. It looks like a lot of work. I know I must have at least a doz. finished tops waiting in the queue to be quilted. I have so many UFOs! But I have to focus on quilting this Smoke & Fire quilt so I can turn it in on time to the guild for the auction.

Comment

Thanks Joy! Glad I'm not the only one!! Thanks for the compliments too. The basket was a non sew basket but it did not go as smooth as the pattern. Good luck on finishing your quilt in time. Can't wait to see it!!

Comment

Rachael, loved all but really love the 30's. Great job. Gina

Comment

Rachel,

Your quilts and projects are pretty. Of course, I love your very first quilt with the bears and the 30 's fabrics. They look like fun patterns. I was waiting to see how you liked making the basket too. I couldn't follow the technique on the video and knew if I was lost there that it would be a problem. Thanks for your show today. Looking forward to your posts!

Comment

Your quilts are fantastic & the basket is really, really cute. I like the St. Patrick's day quilt...nothing ugly about it in my eyes. Your first quilt looks so much better than my first quilt. Looking forward to some more days of your quilts.

Comment

I like the 1930's quilt too. Such happy colors!

Comment

Rachel, very nice quilts! I too love that reproduction one. Your basket turned out great you'd never know it gave you any trouble finishing off the top of it you did an excellent job. I've done couple of them to gift my grandkids quilts in and that was enough for me. Don't think I ever do another one.
                          If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

They all look great! I'm sorry to hear the basket was harder than it looked, especially since I was the one who posted it😥
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                              They all look great! I'm sorry to hear the basket was harder than it looked, especially since I was the one who posted it😥
                              Oh no worries Lori!! I love her patterns but this was a bugger!! It's finished and all that matters. Learning experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X