Quilt Sharing - Day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Day 6

Back again. Let's see what pics I can pull up today.

Japanese Cross & Plus Quilt + 2 minis - 5-25-19 001 - res 40.jpgThis is the Japanese Cross & Plus quilt, made in May, 2019. I used scraps for this, but I plan to make another one out of a Kaffe Fassett LC I bought as a DD & background fabric I bought at my LSQ. It's a free pattern on the web. This one has not been gifted yet.

Matt's Visit - 11-18 - Snow 086.JPGThis is the Bordered Nine Patch, a larger version of one of Jenny's tutorials. It was made with fabric from my stash & some of the remaining wildlife fabrics from previous quilts. I custom quilted this one. It was gifted to a friend who moved to SW Colo. where they built a new home for their retirement. She planned to use it for a wall hanging.

Matt's Visit - 11-18 - Snow 116.JPGThis also is a Bordered 9-Patch made in 2018 using the 2.5" strips & floral fabrics. I made a pieced border for it. I have not gifted this one.

Prairie Flower Quilt - Aug. 2017 001.JPGThis is Jenny's pattern of the Prairie Flower quilt, made in 2017. I used Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love" fabrics for this one. I custom quilted it, which took a long time. There should be closer up pics in my albums of this one. I'm keeping this one for myself -- at least for now.

This is my last day to share my quilts. Thanks for looking & for your positive comments. Looking back over my earlier quilts, it shows I've made progress; it definitely is a journey. It really brought back a lot of memories, not only of the quilts, but events surrounding these as I browsed family pictures, visits from relatives, a new great grandson (now 4 y.o.), & many other happy memories. Remember, you can always click on a person's profile name to go to their profile page, click on "media", & you can browse their photo albums. I think I have at least 7 pages of albums.

Joy, thank you for sharing all your wonderful quilts with us I've enjoyed seeing your work and glad it gave you good memories to reflect back on. This certainly has been a wonderful thread to follow, see everyone's creativity and get to know each other a little bit more.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

You make such wonderful color choices in your quilts. that makes them all the more beautiful! good work.

Comment

I love all of these quilts, Joy. I especially like the Japanese Cross pattern. I need to make one of these. I remember when you were thinking about making it and wondering if it would be too hard. You nailed it! Great work. The Bordered 9-Patch is a great pattern, too.

Thank you for participating in our quilt sharing with us. You do beautiful work!!
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Yet another amazing display. Thanks for sharing!

Rob
          There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
          --Ken Burns

Comment

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful quilts. I like the Prairie Flowers, looks like it would be a fun one to do.
            Carlie

Comment

Hi Joy!! Fantastic work. You're going to be a hard act to follow. I'll be taking some pic later today. Thanks for sharing ..Rachel

Comment

Thank you for showing your beautiful quilts. You have brightened our days and given us inspiration! It has been fun to check in each day and see them on display.

Comment

Joy, thank you so much for sharing your past & present quilts with us this week. Your love for quilting shines through every quilt you have shown. I especially like the Prairie Flower Quilt today.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your hard works of beauty. I know everyone that's been gifted has been loved with just as much love as was put into it to start with.
                    Katrina
                    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I enjoyed looking at all your quilts. They are beautiful and inspiring. I want to make a bordered 9 patch now. Jenny's latest video makes me want to do the squares on point too, tho I didn't like the wonky ones. The quilt behind her at beginning of video is awesome. Thank you for posting your quilts for us to see.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us. It is so nice to see your good use of colors, and your great quilting.

Comment

Their quilts are wonderful and their quilting are really fantastic. It has been a week full of art and love, thank you Joy

Comment

Thank you for sharing a look at your beautiful quilts!!!

Comment

Loved the Prairie Flower, you did a beautiful job on all of them
                              Kathryn
                              There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

Working...
                              X