Quilt Sharing - Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Day 3

Good Morning ~ I thought I might share some of my older projects, prior to buying my LA, when I was FMQ on my DSM. I took my first all day FMQ class in person at a LQS. I think it really helps to have that in person, hands on help. I read a lot of books, watched a lot of videos, & attended other FMQ classes. And practiced...a lot! It's discouraging when one starts out & you feel that your first feeble attempts will never amount to anything. But take heart, it does get better.

DS Layer Cake Quilt 7-2013 001.JPGThis quilt was made in 2013; it is Jenny's Double Slice Layer Cake pattern. I used assorted FQs from my stash & cut the blocks 9" square to maximize the use of the FQ. I bravely did the FMQ with orange thread.

Gone Fishing QuiltWindow Well Feb. 2013 004.JPGThis baby quilt also was made in 2013, but finished in 2014; I called it Going Fishing. I used a sort of meandering water FMQ pattern on it.

March, 2014 006.JPGI called this one Julia's Quilt, named after the recipient. Made in 2014. This was made for a preemie baby born in a Denver hosp. The parents lived in a small town in Wyoming; the mom was flown to Denver when her labor started prematurely. Julia spent some time in the NICU before being allowed to go home. I think this might be one of Jenny's patterns, but I don't recall the name. It's made with 3.5" HSTs. It's always been one of my favorites. I'd like to make it again some time.

Sashed Flower Garden Quilt - May, 2014 028.JPGThis is Jenny's pattern for the Sashed Flower Garden. It was made in 2014. I remember how tedious it was to snowball all those corners with only 1.5" squares! I used fabrics from my stash.

Thanks for your comments from Day 1 & Day 2. Thanks for looking. I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane.

Beautiful quilts and quilting!!!

Comment

Another day of great quilts Joy!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Love them all but I'm partial to the last two. Must be the colors.
          Carlie

Comment

beautiful. I believe Julia's quilt is the X's &O's (as in kisses and hugs) pattern. Very appropriate message in that pattern/quilt.

Comment

Your quilts today are gorgeous? I especially like the pastel ones. I had no idea you had made this many quilts, Joy. You are a very prolific quilt maker. Do you label them all? Thank you for sharing today’s beauties.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Another day of your beautiful quilts! My favorite is your sashed flower garden-- love the quilting!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Joy, you are such inspiration for future free motion quilters like myself. Love them all but most especially the last 2. Gina

Comment

Barb ~ Yes, I label each quilt. I use those cotton inkjet fabric sheets made by Jacquard. I type up a Word doc & print them with my printer. I usually can get 6-8 labels per sheet. I admit that hand sewing on the label of the finished quilt is my least favorite part of the quilting process.

Comment

I love these, Joy! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Joy, you're quilts are fantastic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
                          I admit that hand sewing on the label of the finished quilt is my least favorite part of the quilting process.
                          If you put the label on before the binding and put the label way in the corner, two sides of the label are enclosed in the binding, and you will only have two to do by hand.

Comment

Another beautiful quilt show and special memories for each one. They are all so pretty with the fabrics, designs, and your quilting. Thanks for hosting the show!

Comment

I bet Jenny is so proud of the fact that you make a lot of her patterns. Those today are especially lovely. I'm glad you took pictures of your early quilts. I'm enjoying each day of beauties!

Comment

Working...
                              X