Quilt Sharing - Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Day 2

Good Morning again ~ Let me search the archives & see what I can come up with today. This is the Rail Fence Star quilt, which is one of Jenny's tutorials. This was made with the other half of that Electric Feather JR. I entered this in our guild's quilt show -- the first time I'd ever entered any quilt in any show. It won a 2nd place ribbon in the Novice Category. It was quilted with a straight ruler -- some of my earliest ruler work. Rail Fence Star Quilt - June, 2017 001.JPG

Finished Star Cakes Baby Quilt - Oct. 2015 001.JPGThis is the Star Cakes pattern from Fat Qtr. Shop, but it's similar to one Jenny did. It might have been called the Colorado Block.

First COC Quilt & Applique - May 2016 011.JPGAfter DH received his COC (Circles of Comfort) quilt from Blondie, I wanted to pay it forward, so I made one to send her. She had a male recipient in mind for it. This was my first raw edge applique work.

Little Charmer II - Aug. 2016 001.JPGThis is called Little Charmer II. I saw a table runner on someone's blog & liked the pattern. It uses 5" charms with snowballed corners to make the stars. It's quick & easy. It was a gift to a friend at church. Her husb. has helped me numerous times with my computer.

It's been kind of fun to go back & look through my pics. Thanks for looking.

These are all wonderful, Joy. I especially like the one you entered in the quilt show that won a ribbon. There is something special about Star quilts whether they are large or small. I also love the Little Charmer II. What a nice gift!
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Such wonderful quilts! I especially like the one you entered in the quilt show. I don't remember that tutorial by Jenny. I really like star quilts and rail fence too so I will need to go back and find that one.

Thanks for sharing your awesome work.
      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Joy, thank you for sharing these beauties, love your fabrics for each one! Great quilt sharing today!
        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

What lovely quilts. The first one is so striking. I think my favorite is the Little Charmer. Pretty fall colors.
          Carlie

Comment

All are quilt show worthy! Thanks for sharing.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Something interesting about the Electric Feather Jelly Roll. It's the first ever JR (it was the DD) I ordered from M*, how ever many years ago that was. I was very disappointed when I got it. I thought to myself, "What am I going to do with this?!" I didn't even like it. It stayed in my stash until the right patterns came along. I was pleased with the way the 2 quilts in which I used it turned out. So... if you have items in your fabric stash that you wonder what you will do with, one of these days the right pattern will come along, & you'll say, "Ah ha! That would work perfect for this."

Comment

Beautiful quilts, Joy! Such talent!!

Comment

Love them all
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Thank you, I really like first the colors are outstanding, the second one would to make one,
                    you are so good at putting colors togerher

Comment

Beautiful quilts, Joy. Gina

Comment

Great looking quilts. It is fun to look back on what you have made. I have been doing that as I am on the list to share.

Comment

It's such a pleasure looking at your quilts! You always use such great fabrics!
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Love your Day-2 quilt show. It's fun to see your reflections on your quilts. Each one is different and so pretty.

Comment

Joy, these are all wonderful, but my favorite by far is the Electric Feathers - I love the richness of the colors!

Comment

Working...
                              X