Fond memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fond memories

I was going through some pictures that I had taken at various Paducah quilt shows over the years and I thought I would share some with you.

The first picture was taken in 2017 and shows Cheryl meeting Eleanor Burns. This was when Eleanor still had her show out at the fairgrounds.
    The next picture is from 2019 and shows the world's largest quilt cake, made by The Cake Boss. It's hard to believe that EVERYTHING on that table was actually made of cake.
    Of course, I have tons of quilt pictures, but I'm not sure what the guidelines are for putting them up since we obviously didn't make them. I figured this quilt is OK because it actually was made in the 1830s, and I imagine the owner has gone to that great LQS in the sky. It was 108x120.

Are we allowed to post pictures of other people's quilts? If so, I will put together an album of my favorites from various shows and put them up.

Rob

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

I think the Forum prefers that we post our own pics. However, I have made 2 or 3 albums of quilt shows I've attended; they obviously were other people's quilts. The two famous quilters I've met are Karen McTavish & Angela Walters. Both were speakers at our quilt guild. I took her Two-Step Quilt & Angela Walters - July, 2017 048.JPG FMQ class when Angela was here & had my pic taken with her. That also is a separate album among my photos (now renamed Media).

Comment

I have a friend whose uncle retired from a fire department back East and they ordered a cake from the cake boss. They were surprised to find out a lot of it is actually rice krispy treats that they mold and cover with the fondant.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
        I have a friend whose uncle retired from a fire department back East and they ordered a cake from the cake boss. They were surprised to find out a lot of it is actually rice krispy treats that they mold and cover with the fondant.
        And wedding cakes are partly styrofoam 'dummies' https://www.amazon.com/12-Round-Cake...46523641&psc=1
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

That cake looks so real! Cheryl is so pretty. The quilt is an amazing accomplishment. It would be hard to make it with the tools and machines we have today. Thanks for sharing these pictures.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've created some albums from various Paducah shows. They are only available to registered users.

Rob
            There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
            --Ken Burns

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
              Just wanted to let everyone know that I've created some albums from various Paducah shows. They are only available to registered users.

Rob
              Thank you Rob, I look forward to looking at them all. I did want to ask about one. Was the woman and child one a commentary on the one child rule in China? That was simple but really powerful.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Lorie,

To be honest, I can't answer that. I can understand how one might interpret it as such, but I don't remember it saying anything like that on the quilt identifier.

Also, looks like I accidentally put Cheryl on her side. That's what happens when you can't see very well in the morning. I definitely need to have my diabetic eye exam.

Rob
                --Ken Burns

Comment

Working...
                X