Quilt Sharing - Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Sharing - Day 1

Good Morning, Everyone ~ Barb asked me to finish out the week of quilt sharing since Pam has had to evacuate due to the hurricane. I'll just pick out some quilts at random from my pictures. The majority of my quilts are for babies & are crib size. No. 1 -The Baby Blocks Star quilt was made in 2017 using from an Electric Feather JR and kids' fabric. I extended it lengthwise because I prefer rectangular quilts. Baby Jungle Panel Quilt - May, 2017 002.JPGNo. 2 is the Baby Jungle Panel quilt, made in 2017. So many of the panels now are only 24" wide, one has to add borders to make them wide enough. I added a 4-patch border to this one. (These 2 pics should be reversed. The star quilt is No. 1 and the Baby Jungle is No. 2.)

Baby Blocks Star Quilt - June, 2017 008.JPG

Alphabet Quilt - Jan. 2017 002.JPGNo. 3 - This Alphabet Quilt also was made in 2017 & was from a panel designed to be a cloth book. I cut apart the blocks & added fabric from my stash in order for it to be large enough.

Little Ark #6 - July, 2016 001.JPGNo. 4 - Little Ark #6 - 4 patch quilt from 2016. I've made 6 quilts from these fabrics & still have left-overs. The ark squares were fussy cut.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by JCY; August 25, 2020, 08:18 AM.

All them are awesome, your quilting is outstanding!

Comment

Your quilts are so darling, Joy. Baby quilts are such a joy to make and don’t require a huge amount of time. That was a good idea using the book fabric for a quilt. I love them all.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Joy, your quilts are beautiful! I love your quilting!
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Love baby quilts! Fantastic work!!

Comment

Every one of your quilts is adorable! And, as others have said, your quilting is amazing! I love lots of quilting
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

I, too, love baby quilts and get so much joy in giving them. Great work, Joy.
              Carlie

Comment

Joy, each one is just beautiful. I love the colors in the Little Ark and love the idea of using the soft book panels as quilt blocks. With grandbaby #7 on the way, they are all great inspirations.
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Any child would be pleased to have such beautiful quilts. Great job Joy!

Rob
                  There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
                  --Ken Burns

Comment

You are my forum hero. I have never seen a quilt that you have done that hasn't been perfection. We should all strive for your excellence
                    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                    Terry

Comment

Terry ~ You give me too much credit, but thanks. When I look at some of my early quilts & my beginning efforts at FMQ on my DSM, I just shake my head. I started this quilting journey after I retired from nursing in 2009. I had made quilts before, but the pieces were cut out with scissors using a template cut from a brown paper bag, one piece at a time. The quilts were tied with yarn . I had never heard of a rotary cutter or rulers, etc. The terminology all was new. I remember asking in one class, "What's a sandwich?" I was not new to sewing. I took Home Ec. in school. On a low income, my parents sacrificed to buy me a good quality pair of scissors. I still have them. I've sewed some of my clothes over the years. I know I made >2 doz. uniform vests for work. I liked to have seasonal fabrics to wear.

Once I took my first quilting class, I was hooked. My fabric stash will outlive me, I'm sure.

Comment

Joy, beautiful baby quilts always a treat to see your work!!
                        If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Joy, I remember your early venture into free motion quilting. You have come a long way & your baby quilts are so beautiful. Gina

Comment

Joy,

Beautiful baby quilt designs and your quilting gives each one such personality. You showed us how to add some imagination to simple panels for cute quilts.

Comment

I love your baby quilts. I always find joy in making a baby quilt. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Comment

Working...
                              X