UFO Sampler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UFO Sampler

Yay! One sampler quilt now pieced. Started this at a class I took back in about 94. Originally I was thinking of making this into a summer quilt. I’m not sure that is what I will do. It is such a big quilt it would be a nice winter quilt. I didn’t realize I had the quilt upside down when I took the picture. My daughter pointed that out to me.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Carlie

Eh, 26 years isn't too bad. After all, you can't rush these things. Love the look of it, by the way, right side up or upside down. 😀

Rob

There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Comment

Thank you. The first one I worked on, still have to quilt it, was an embroidered king size quilt. I bought the kit in 1976.
      Carlie

Comment

What an accomplishment! It's lovely. I heard the fabric lasts for 100 yrs., so you're good.

My sampler quilt from my 1st quilting class still is a UFO waiting to be sandwiched & quilted. It's been almost 11 yrs. I also have many other finished tops waiting.
        Last edited by JCY; August 23, 2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Joy, sounds like I'm in good company in having a number of projects waiting to be quilted. I actually finished my first sampler quilt about 7 years ago and sent to my cousin in Texas for a fund raiser for her lost her daughter and granddaughter who died in a terrible accident. Her grandson was injured very severely in that accident and is a paraplegic now but seems to be doing well. I loved the colors. This one was only a lap quilt.
          Attached Files
          Carlie

Comment

Love it!! I did a sampler in Germany when I was part of a guild, loved it! Yours is just beautiful. I have a sit down long arm, I'm ashamed to say I probably have 30 quilts ready to be quilted. I've always wanted a standup frame and never thought it would take this long to get it for the really big quilts! My bf has promised me we will make it happen when we have the space for it. Everyone knows quilters need space..lol

Comment

Those blocks took a lot of work-- Nicely done!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Your sampler quilt is beautiful. What a lot of work. Be sure to show us when it’s all done.
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's a beauty and a keeper.
                  Katrina
                  “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful sampler. Yes, I think it would make a lovely winter quilt.
                    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                    Aesop

Comment

That is fantastic and you should be proud to have it finished. I had to have been lots of work.
                      I am delighted to see I am not the only one with unfinished tops. I need to get some backing to finish up some.

Comment

Beautiful quilt top, Carlie! I love sampler quilts.

Comment

Love your sampler quilt.

Congrats on getting to the finish line. Think of how many things in life (and quilting) have changed since it was started.

Did you put the time line on the quilt label?

Comment

Rhonda, I have not put a timeline on it yet but that is the plan.
                            Carlie

Comment

Working...
                            X