More V Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More V Tech

After the kids left this afternoon, I started working with the scraps of the V Tech Fabric. One pillow top ready to finish up tomorrow.

102_0684.JPG
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Nice! But is that for sleeping or throwing at the TV when the team is losing lol

Comment

Katrina,

Just curious. Do you use pillow forms or do you stuff it with fiberfill? Cheryl has some truck fabric left over from my great-nephew's quilt, and was thinking about making him a couple of pillows. My thinking is that pillow forms would be better because a little boy might end up ripping the pillow and then the stuffing would start coming out.

Rob
      There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
      --Ken Burns

Comment

I use pillow forms they are super cheap at Walmart. I bought stuffing last year to make trees ...wow did the price go up that stuff over the years!! Even with the coupon at joanns I was still in sticker shock...lol but I'll spend 250$ on embroidery thread and not blink an eye. Quilters!!

Comment

Momofmonsters I spit my drink out when I read your comment about spending on thread. Thanks for the laugh!! And What is your name, is it Rachel? Your user profile does not say.
          Jocelyn

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
            Katrina,

Just curious. Do you use pillow forms or do you stuff it with fiberfill? Cheryl has some truck fabric left over from my great-nephew's quilt, and was thinking about making him a couple of pillows. My thinking is that pillow forms would be better because a little boy might end up ripping the pillow and then the stuffing would start coming out.

Rob
            Rob, I use pillow forms. I'll put an envelope back on these. Donna Jordan has a good tutorial for making pillows.
            Katrina

Comment

Originally posted by Rob the HOAQ View Post
              Katrina,

Rob
              I always use pillow forms. They're easier to work with and they hold the shape better than stuffing.
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

That's such a great idea, to make a matching pillow!
                ~ Carol from PA

Comment

If you are making something like the trees that need stuffing - look for cheap bed pillows at Walmart, etc and just pull that stuffing out. Often cheaper than buying stuffing.
                  Debbie

Comment

Originally posted by Dove View Post
                    That's such a great idea, to make a matching pillow!
                    There's a chaise lounge in their common living room. I had enough fabric scraps to make 2 20" pillows. They'll be fun to stuff in there with the envelope back. lol, glad I'm sending them flat!
                    Katrina

Comment

I'm certain they will love it.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X