Well, it looks like a star....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like a star....

but I wouldn't wish on it! I cut the pieces with a 3-inch finished Accuquilt half-square triangle die and the center block with a 6 inch finished die, but the bottom row was off by about 3/4 of an inch. I have no idea why. After I trimmed it up, the overall size was below 12 inches. I'll keep trying, but this one is definitely not a keeper.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

Practice makes perfect. Keep trying. It will get easier as you go along.

Comment

Looks good!

Save it so you can see your progress with piecing down the line.

A couple of tips for you AQ. Starch and press the fabric first. Be sure you are placing the fabric so it isn't stretching when it goes through the machine.

https://knowledge.accuquilt.com/stru...ngthwise-grain

You want the label side off the die at your belly. Dies are made to go through the machine like this.

You can put RST of the two fabrics. Put through machine. They come out already paired. Less handling.

Last one, I have marked the 1/4 inch seam to get started with piecing.

Keep on Stitching!

Comment

Those practice blocks will make good quilting practice squares.
        Katrina
        “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

yes, try again. did you take a break in the middle of making the block or cutting pieces. Sometimes that causes me problems. Good luck!

Comment

I would turn it into a trivet of sorts. Great for putting hot pans on. I use the pellon shiny stuff from Joanns, its 2$ a yard. I'm all about using stuff though. I don't make anything for show.

Comment

It’s actually pretty good for a first try. Don’t get discouraged...each one will get better and easier to make. We all had to learn. Many experienced quilters have trouble with
              points.
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It looks pretty good to me. My first try made it to the trash can.....so sad. Don’t be discouraged......everyone has to take those first steps 😀
                💫 Star lover

Comment

I think it looks great! Lots of points to match up in that block-- I always have trouble with that.
                  ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Working...
                  X