hunters star finally done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hunters star finally done

Finally getting a few things done. Had this top done maybe 8 years ago - finally pulled it out of the UFO pile, had it quilted, and bound it using a decorative stitch on my sewing machine. Usually hand sew - I think after this, I may never hand sew another binding.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

It's a beauty!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I haven't hand sewn a binding for many years. Stitching on the mach. is so much faster & easier.

Comment

I fell in love with hunters star when I first started quilting, you did a great job!
        Kathryn
        There are moments which mark your life, moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same. And time is divided into two parts, Before this and After this

Comment

wow, you did do a fabulous job. I did that pattern years ago and found the trimming process daunting
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Beautiful! Hunter's Star is one of my favorites.
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Gorgeous quilt!

Comment

This is so pretty! Love to pattern, colors.....It's well done too!
                Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

It is on my to-do list. Yours is a beauty.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful & I'm glad you were able to get it finished. I made a lap quilt from this pattern using this gal's tutorial & it was really quite easy to make using her technique. If her site does not come up in English there is a translator in the top right corner that you can use. Hope this helps anyone who is thinking about making this pattern but still a bit afraid to tackle it. Thanks for sharing your beauty with us. It's one of my favorite patterns.

http://roolen.blogspot.com/2009/08/hunters-star.html

Comment

Thank you all. I used the Deb Tucker ruler to do this. Was still confusing (if I can remember that long ago) but once you got the "hang" of it - wasn't bad. ould I do another one? Probably - but have so many others I need to finish or on my "wish list" will be a while.

Comment

Pat, this quilt is so beautiful! I think your fabric choices really enhanced the pattern. Thanks for sharing with us.

Comment

Working...
                        X