Here's another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's another one

Finished this one this afternoon. I had planned to make it bigger and multi-colored, but as I looked at the fabric it just didn't seem right, so I ended up making four 12-inch blocks and put a 4-inch border around it. I never believed that something as simple looking as a nine patch could be such a bear to make. I think I'm going to take a short break from actually piecing something and practice with the nine patch and four patches as well.

Rob
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
    --Ken Burns

You've been busy! I like it. It would make a nice table topper.

Comment

Rob- It all gets easier with time. You are strip piecing with the 4 patch and 9 patch right?
      You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

Yes, I am doing strip piecing. My biggest problem is getting the points to line up. I've been watching some videos and trying what I've seen, but it doesn't seem to be getting any easier.

Rob
        There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
        --Ken Burns

Comment

Rob, give yourself the gift of time! It doesn't come like a light bulb you just turn on, it takes practice.
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Great job, it gets easier with time! I used to have a real committed relationship with my seam ripper when I first started quilting. That would make a very pretty table runner!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

You are doing great, like what you have done

Comment

The smaller the pieces the harder it is in my opinion. Look up or ask your wife about clover fork pins...they changed my piecing. Nesting also helps, as well as squaring up. Looks great!

Comment

Good things come with practice. Don’t be too hard on yourself.

I’m psycho about points/seams matching. I can’t feel with my fingers if seams are lined up or not as some sewers can. I have to peek inside where the seam will be by gently folding back both blocks at the seam and scoot them into a perfect match and then pin. When I’m matching I sew slower than normal but by golly my seams almost always match. This is what works for me
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

As others have said - it takes time. Isn't as bad as you think. You should see my first quilt. A trip around the world - my seams were so uneven, and some of my seams actually came undone.

Comment

Working...
                    X