Wildlife Rail Fence Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Rail Fence Quilt

This quilt is a similar pattern to the one Barb shared today. The middle piece is wider than the 2 outside ones. I made this quilt for our gr. son when he grad. from HS in 2018. Wildlife Rail Fence Quilt - March, 2018 004.JPGWildlife Rail Fence Quilt - March, 2018 013.JPG The fabric was from scraps/fabric left over from previous quilts. It was quilted on my table LA using Glide thread. I used Angela Walters' leaf FMQ design. The rail fence blocks are alternated by a full size block of the focus fabric. Sorry, I don't know how to move the pics so they line up in a row & would take up less space. Thanks for looking. Wildlife Rail Fence Quilt - March, 2018 001.JPG

that is a great quilt. love that fabric!!

Comment

That is great, I love moose and I love your quilting. I plan to imitate your design sometime soon.

Comment

I really like it. Wildlife quilts almost always appeal to me and Jeff loves them.
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Love the fabrics, but your quilting is outstanding!

Comment

That is really nice! Isn’t there a pattern called Warm Wishes that is made similar to yours?

Comment

Yet again I'm impressed with the talent here. Beautiful quilt!

Rob
              There's nothing more directly linked to who we are than the fabric that we make.
              --Ken Burns

Comment

Yes, I made a Warm Wishes for a new mom at my church who wanted pink, grey & white fabrics. It's also a Rail Fence, but certain blocks are positioned a certain way. I can't track down my pic at the moment.

Comment

What a great looking quilt for your grandson. I bet he was thrilled to receive it for graduation. Your quilting is fantastic!

Comment

FMQ always is a work in progress, with improvements being made over time. I started out FMQ on my DSM back in 2012. I've taken at least 4 in-person classes, read books, watched a lot of videos on YT, & practiced a lot. I have at least 3 of Angela Walters' books, have taken her on-line FMQ quilting series, & watched at least 2 of her Craftsy classes. Also took 2 of Amy Johnson's classes on quilting with rulers. I haven't mastered the curved rulers yet, but I use the straight ones quite a bit.

Maybe you remember Jenny's Rail Fence Star pattern.
                    I used part of a JR of "Electric Feather" fabric. The gold fabric was from my stash. This is one of the first quilts on which I used the straight rulers. It placed 2nd in the Novice Category at our guild's annual show. It was my first time to ever submit a quilt in any kind of a show. That JR was the first one I ever ordered from M*. When I first got it, I wondered what I would do with it. The other half was used in the Baby Block Star Quilt. I altered that design somewhat because I wanted it rectangular in stead of square. The Electric Feather was used for the center of the quilt as well as the inner border. Rail Fence Star Quilt - June, 2017 001.JPG Baby Blocks Star Quilt - June, 2017 008.JPG

Comment

Love the quilt, totally up my alley!

Comment

Working...
                      X