Christmas quilt and flannel quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas quilt and flannel quilt

15963225039845115678051459325593.jpg I made this a while back and not sure if I shared. I was organizing today and ran across it. It was an experiment. I got the pattern from moda bake shop before they revamped and they don't have as many patterns now. It was for a baby quilt with charm squares. You sew all the blocks together then cut the quilt top on the diagnal both ways, giving four pieces. You then turn the blocks where the half blocks are on the outside edges and sew the four together. It's laying on my queen bed and I couldn't get all of it. It's huge, I used a layer cake instead of a charm pack. Excuse the wrinkles. 15963226773592282411987262247274.jpg
    I bought 2 flannel panels from this Holly Taylor line. She's one of my favorite designers. I bought the purple flannel on sale from a different line. The panels were two different colorways. I have purple for the back. When we have more space I'll get it quilted.

Thanks for looking! Rachel
    Last edited by Momofmonsters5; August 1, 2020, 05:06 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Both are beautiful. I especially like the Christmas quilt. If things go as planned, I think the next project Cheryl will tackle will be a Christmas quilt. Thanks for sharing!

Rob
    "Both quilts and men will keep you warm, but a quilt will never say anything stupid."
    --Sign in my wife's sewing room

Comment

Beautiful works!

Best laid plans, I didn't make it into the sewing room today. I was planning to work on an Christmas Ugly before Jim, the kids and Pepper had to spend the day over here.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Rachel ~ I like Holly Taylor fabrics, too. I think I have at least 2 panels & some charm packs & yardage in my stash. One of these days... Yours are very nice.

Comment

Really nice! Love your fabrics.
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Lovely! Holly Taylor fabrics are some of my favorites too!
            If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

I remember reading those instructions on your Christmas quilt. I just ran across my Christmas stash just yesterday so i think I might try that out!
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

Working...
              X