It took me 5 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took me 5 months

But it's finished. My DD asked me to make her a quilt using this fabric that she saw advertised on Facebook. I originally planned to make a bigger quilt using two layer cakes, but I starched and pressed the fabric (since I would be working with bias edges) and it shrunk badly and distorted, so i needed to buy a third. I used the Old Mill Path pattern from M*.
    The quilting was done on my embroidery machine - it's only the second one I've done that way so I'm still learning. I used four different designs and used two different sizes of Snap Hoop Monster by DIME.
    It's not my cup of tea, but DD loves it.....she's only seen pics. It's got a nice weight and it's very warm.
    IMG_0429.jpg
    Barbara

I love the blues and golds. Was the pattern difficult with all the curves?
    Carlie

Comment

Carlie, I had never sewn curved quilt blocks, so it was very slow at first and I had some trouble with an exact 1/4" seam. Some of the blocks don't line up exactly, but close enough for a first attempt.
      Barbara

Comment

I love this quilt. i think i saw this on another forum. Beautiful!!!

Comment

Barbara! WOW! It's stunning!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Just beautiful! I haven't attempted curved seams yet.

Comment

Awesome! I tried two test blocks of this pattern and it wasn’t easy. Congrats on your finish!
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

It's gorgeous

Comment

I love the way it seems to be 3 D. I personally think that the fabric just makes the guilt. I haven't tried curved seams either. Do you paper pieced them? So pretty!

Comment

Beautiful quilt. Drunkard's path is one of the many pattern blocks on my to-do list. Curves "intimidate" me - but I know I will concur them. Good Job!

Comment

Love this! I've been stalking this fabric. Love this finish!

Comment

Your quilt turned out beautiful. I love the colours and patterns of the Stonehenge collection.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

That is fantastic! Really nice job. I love curved piecing and do quite a bit. It's not that hard once you get going. I can tell you this- it's easier on some sewing machines than others.
                          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

That quilt is beautiful! I love the colors & the pattern. Sometimes when I look at it I see the circles & then other times I see something completely different. So glad you finished it & your DD loves it. It's something to be cherished.

Comment

This is gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                              X