Another dragonfly panel quilt (top)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another dragonfly panel quilt (top)

this measures 41x56 now. I think i am finished. tired anyway. gray binding or black is the question.. dragon fly w borders.JPG
    Finished the quilt -now picture is different. can't decide which way is up!! 45x60 now.
    P8040083.JPG
    Last edited by nativetexan; August 4, 2020, 03:44 PM.

My vote would be black.

Comment

ah, i'm leaning there myself. i originally thought of putting black jelly roll strips all around and then binding. but it's pretty wide now I think.

Comment

I haven't seen that fabric in that color way. That turned out really pretty. I also vote for black binding.

Comment

That is just lovely. It seems to be somewhat calming to me. I vote black also.
          Carlie

Comment

black it will be. thanks. two inch black "borders" too of course. that will set it off nicely. hold that thought- what about a dark gray?? i have jelly roll of dark gray. otherwise i can cut some black fabrics if need be. Hmmmm??
            here is another one i did over a year ago. Lauren's Qlt.JPG
            Last edited by nativetexan; July 22, 2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

I thought dark gray immediately, I was surprised most others said black.

Comment

I like the black but only have a bit of it in the quilt. the color of the gray is charcoal, so it is nice and dark. still soft but enough to "finish" off this quilt I think. So, I think it will be the dark gray. yea, decision made finally. thanks all!!

Comment

Beautiful! I vote black for binding, but either will be nice.

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! I think it needs black binding.
                    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I just may do black for binding. Been thinking that over. (())

Comment

I like the black binding. And I love what you did for borders on the butterfly panel.

Comment

That will be so pretty with either color binding! I really like the blocks in the side borders. I vote for black binding. What I do is lay out fabric next to the quilt, only showing the width of the binding, and take a photo. (The photo removes the raw edges from standing out a lot for me.) I do that for each of my choices, then decide which I like more.
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Yes,. i'm thinking you are right. the black binding would be just enough. So dark gray and then black. the panel has a black strip around it that had tiny silver dots in it. They make some very nice panels these days.

Comment

I would say black, too. I always look for colors what "frame" the quilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X