My very first quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My very first quilt

20200714_202704 (1).jpg I started this quilt knowing I'd make lots of mistakes. But it's my learning quilt. I learned quite a bit from it. I learned the habit of always closing my blade after finishing a cut. I learned that chain piecing saves so much time. I learned to measure twice, but cut once. I learned to put colors together that I wouldn't think would go. I've already started my next quilt. It's all HSTs and it's been a blast already! It's not going to anyone. My husband is going to mount it to the wall in my office.
    Libi is the name, mischief is my game.

Libi, welcome to the world of quilting.

In some ways, every quilt is a learning quilt! I'm always learning something!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Well done. So colorful.

Sounds like you learned some very important skills so far that will serve you well.

Comment

Oh that is so cute! I love the fabrics.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

I love your first quilt! Every quilt teaches us something and we never stop learning. I often have to relearn things a number of times before it sinks in. It’s wonderful that we don’t have any quilt police around here.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

This is really colorful!
              I think no matter how long I've been sewing (since 1978 when my daughter was born!) or since I started quilting in 2011, I'm always learning something new, that's half the fun of sewing and or quilting.
              I love to go back and look at the things I made years ago....it's awesome to see how I've improved and the things I've learned.
              I love bright colors for quilts.....

My husband Terry's grandma used to say "If you want that's made perfect, buy it from the store. If you want something made with love, make it by hand." She also used to tell me to never point out mistakes....."Mistakes are just happy accidents" ( Jenny says that too.)
              thMXKEVD9ASnoopy.jpg
              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Nice quilt. My first quilts were t-shirt quilts for my kids. They each still use them many years later. I also still have my first quilt that I quilted using FMQ. Boy I look back now and think of how much I had to learn back then. Am still learning today.

Comment

good job and the most important part...you had FUN
                  Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                  Terry

Comment

Measure twice, cut once..............I'm still trying to learn that one! Thank you for sharing your quilt with us. The colors just make me happy.

Comment

Great job! My first quilt my
                      son Brandon (bubba) has he's 22 now I made it when he was six. It's an eye spy hand quilted. I had a really good teacher to guide me on that one. I've had so many great teachers over the years and one really ugly quilt that I didn't even put the blocks together. We are forever students in quilting...enjoy the adventure! BTW there is no such thing as too much fabric!!

Comment

Congrats on your quilt! I learn something with every quilt and this hobby has kept me sane for many years.

Comment

Nice job and congrats on your first quilt finish! Closing that blade is a good rule to follow - along with not cutting barefoot in case you forget to close that blade and drop it. (Guess how I learned that one!).

Comment

Congrats on your first finished quilt. I like the way you put the two colorways together. Very interesting to look at. There are so many ways to use HST's. Can
                            hardly wait to see how you will construct that one. Nice that your DH is going to hang your quilt in your office. It's great to have a fan club.

No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                            Aesop

Comment

Welcome and congratulations on finishing your first quilt. You did an amazing job. I hope you find as much enjoyment and relaxation from quilting as I have.

Comment

Working...
                              X