Finished My Dad's Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post

Lori, you always make me laugh. No, we didn't sneak in anywhere. It's just a small little park area in neighboring town. There was one lady there with her 3 grandkids and she ask if she could come look at the quilt. Other than that we had the park to ourselves.
    Spectacular quilt in my favorite colour and spectacular staging as well.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

The colors are perfect for a guy.

Comment

Wow, that's so pretty! I just love what you did on the back.

Comment

I love it! And I like that idea of big stitch zig zag! Question- when you say big stitch did you hand quilt? Or use heavier thread?

Comment

Originally posted by tsladaritz View Post
            I love it! And I like that idea of big stitch zig zag! Question- when you say big stitch did you hand quilt? Or use heavier thread?
            Yes, the big stitch was hand quilted with perle cotton size 8 thread. Here is the video link that I used to learn how to big stitch quilt. It was very helpful, especially since I had not hand quilted before learning big stitch technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXN5Ger_jo
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the piano fabric and the crossword fabric because those pop out. The blues and tans look wonderful together. I also love there is an entire other side so he can flip it over. Very nice and great pictures.
              - Annette from Palm Beach County, FL :icon_wave:
              http://diaryofacraftyheart.blogspot.com

Comment

Love the blues and the hard work that went into it

Comment

Working...
                X