Finished My Dad's Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished My Dad's Quilt

Here's my latest quilt. It was given to my Dad for Father's Day. It's 60"x 80" and has 640 rectangles (2"x 4"). I made it from lots of blue/beige/cream color fabrics....most of those from assorted scraps in my stash or from our sewing groups stash. I did big stitch quilting in a zigzag pattern in several shades of blue perle cotton. My Dad was surprised and really liked it. I took it out for a photo shoot before giving it away.😃

IMG_2017.JPGIMG_2014.JPGIMG_2022.JPGIMG_2024.JPG
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Wow that is wonderful! Your Photos are awesome too! It looks like you had the area all to yourself. Almost spooky looking, like you snuck in somewhere you weren't supposed to be. lol
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Oh my goodness! and that back is wonderful. love your colors and fabrics too. He will be very happy with that one for certain!!

Comment

What a fabulous quilt! I love both sides. You did an awesome job.

Comment

That is stunning, love your colors.

Comment

Beautiful quilt.

Comment

Oh my, that is just beautiful and such a creative back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hulamoon View Post
                Wow that is wonderful! Your Photos are awesome too! It looks like you had the area all to yourself. Almost spooky looking, like you snuck in somewhere you weren't supposed to be. lol
                Lori, you always make me laugh. No, we didn't sneak in anywhere. It's just a small little park area in neighboring town. There was one lady there with her 3 grandkids and she ask if she could come look at the quilt. Other than that we had the park to ourselves.
                "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Wonderful quilt, I bet your father loved it.
                  One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

Fabulous quilt, love the colors you chose!
                    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

That’s a wonderful quilt, Pam! I can tell that a lot of love went into it. Love your pictures, too.
                      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

How great! I love all the fabrics you used in the front. And the back of the quilt is so very nice! A wonderful "guy quilt"!
                        ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Very nice! My dad loved blue!!!
                          Daddy had the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen. When his hair turned white, those blue eyes stood out even more.

Again,absolutely gorgeous quilt. So glad your dad liked it!

edit the word "like" /liked
                          Last edited by redcaboose1717; June 23, 2020, 11:36 AM.
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

His quilt is very beautiful and I understand that his father liked it, it is a great job that he loved it

Comment

Gorgeous quilt! Perfect for Fathers Day....love it!
                              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                              X