Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly High Dragonfly

Hello dear quilters,
    this is my new bedroom wall hanging. I started this quilt in the last class I joined before the lockdown. The pattern designer is Allison Richter https://campbellsoupdiary.blogspot.com/ an American quilter living in Germany and she hosted this two days class. She is a very nice and talented woman and designs wonderful patterns. We learned a lot about starch appliqué, a technique I never heard of before. The two days have been incredible busy though we did the piecing of the flying geese units for the body and the hsts and drunkyards path units for the wings in advance.
    I tried trapunto quilting for the first time and I like how the dragonfly pops out of the background.
    It has been an adventure and I miss it so much to meet other quilters and learn new skills.
    Stay safe and healthy!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Auntie Uli; June 18, 2020, 11:41 AM.
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Outstanding work! I love it! I love doing trapunto...it's perfect for this! Gorgeous!
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

It's beyond beautiful! Wow!
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

It's so pretty! Such a nice class to learn so many techniques. I tried PP flying geese in a class and I totally failed.
        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Beautiful work! Love all the various FMQ designs. Great job!

Comment

That is absolutely beautiful! Love the FMQ, too!

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous quilting!
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

That's really beautiful, both the color choices and the quiling. I just bought Purdy Bird for the quilt a long. Now, maybe Dragon Fly also. Thanks for posting.
                Diana Grey

Comment

I love this kind of stuff. Fantastic! Nice colors and great quilting. You win!
                  You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

This is stunning! I showed it to my DH and he said nothing, but his eyes got very wide.

Comment

Beautiful finish. Quilting is exquisite. Well done.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                      X