Design Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Design Wall

Yay! Finally finished my design wall. Since I don’t have a space large enough for the whole thing I made two. One is 4 ft wide and the other is 3 ft wide. They sit nicely together and I can also put the smaller one in back of the larger when I don’t need the whole thing. The blocks are from a class I took many years ago and they cancelled the last half. I’m working on getting patterns for the other blocks that were in the other half of the class then I will finish the quilt. Luckily I still have a lot of the fabrics.
    Carlie

very nice. The blocks look like a lot of work. I like your colors

Comment

Thanks, Karen. Just one of those projects that got set aside for years. It was a class doing a number of different techniques, so a sampler. I think it was in 94. I’m having some trouble finding the other blocks mentioned. I’ll need to see how many I end up with. My goal is to get the top pieced by the end of the year.
      Carlie

Comment

If you know the name of the blocks you can find patterns at quilters cashe.

Comment

I know you're glad to have your design wall up and ready to use! Looks great!
          Katrina
          “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I did not know about Quilters Cashe. Thanks for the heads up, momofmonsters5. I have a number of books and did search some on the internet. I will try this next.
            Carlie

Comment

Thanks for the idea! Where I used to live, and had a huge sewing room. I was able to just use a piece of flannel hanging all by itself on a wall. It worked great for a design wall. Now in our new place where my sewing room is very small and quite cramped I found that the flannel just isn't working. I have it hanging above a closet where I can remove it when I'm not using it. The problem is that with the closet doors being a bit recessed from the wall, there's no continual flat surface behind the flannel. It doesn't hang well. I will definitely make myself a decent design wall before I start my next project.
              ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Carol, I picked this idea up on Pinterest. Used 4x8 sheets of insulation, 2" thick so they are more stable. Then used batting to cover. Pulled to the backside and fastened with duct tape. Worked out pretty good. I am thinking about putting some velcro at the top and bottom of the pieces so that when I need to use both I can join them together.
                Carlie

Comment

Very nice!!! Great job. You'll love having these....and love the blocks. That is a really old UFO...lol...
                  "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Teen, I have an older one that is waiting for layering, bought in 1976. 🤣 It is a king size embroidered top. Cannot be machine quilted so on the back burner right now. Maybe this winter it will be worked on.
                    Carlie

Comment

Great design wall. I like how you can use them together or independent of each other and save space and store one behind the other. Great job!
                      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                      X