One good thing about 2020...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One good thing about 2020...

... is the time to get around to projects that have been languishing in my sewing room, waiting for my attention. Some of you... umm... "seasoned" Forum members might remember a photo I posted in 2013 of a quilt my DIL made for me. Well, I FINALLY got around to making the pillow shams to go with it. They don't quite match exactly, but as our Jenny says, finished is better than perfect, and I have a feeling that after they've been laundered a few times, they will be fine. Here they are, along with the pic of the quilt from when I first received it. Getting one project done at a time, but getting them done!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

How pretty!
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I just made pillow cases for my propping pillows for a quilt I made pre 2015. Finished is always better than sitting in the UFO bin.
      Katrina
      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

I never think of making pillow cases when I make a quilt but when I see someone post them it makes me want to make some because it makes the bed look so much nicer. I love your quilt and pillow cases!

Comment

Very nice! I really like the colors!
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I do remember your quilt and your pillowcases are such a pretty touch. Nice!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Very nice, shams are almost like making a whole 'nother quilt. I love shams but I have been converted to sometimes making pillow cases as they are so quick to do.

Comment

Gorgeous quilt and shams! I have a quilt top ready to be quilted and use as a bedspread. The thing is, I'd also planned out a smaller version of the pattern to use as curtains. But now we've moved, and those curtains just won't go with this house. But you have inspired me: I'm going to make pillow shams out of the curtain fabrics! Thank you for inspiring me.
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Why do they not match? All the same colors - looks fine to me. Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsquilting View Post
                    Why do they not match? All the same colors - looks fine to me. Good job.
                    Thanks so much, Pat! The blue in the shams is brighter in person than the blue in the quilt. That said, I'm overall happy with them, and when I walk into my bedroom, I smile when I see them, so I'm a happy camper. Thanks again for your kind and supportive words.

Comment

Working...
                    X