I finally finished a quilt top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally finished a quilt top

I've been working on this for my daughter since early February. My daughter picked the fabric and I picked the pattern. I wanted something out of my comfort zone. It will be a long time before I make a drunkard's path again. But, since it was the first time I worked with curves, I'm very happy with it. The worst part for me was the pinning; it was very hard on my hands. The project will now go to the back burner because I got a call that my new Janome sewing machine has arrived, and I'll be going tomorrow morning to pick it up.

IMG_0319.jpg
    Barbara

The color choices for this pattern is just perfect. I love it. You did an amazing job !

Comment

PS I did buy the rulers for this , but in all honesty it looks like an exercise in perfection to make. I am impressed by this quilt.

Comment

I love the colors. I also bought the templates and patterns for this. Beautiful.
        Carlie

Comment

Lovely colors, perfect for the pattern.
          TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I love everything about your beautiful quilt....great job!
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Oh this is so pretty! I admire your determination. I am afraid of curves. I always feel like I am pinning pieces together backwards and can never remember if the smiley part goes on top or bottom. Your quilt is just lovely. Have fun with your new machine!

Comment

Beautiful quilt. Perfect match fabric & pattern. Congratulations on the new Janome

Comment

I haven't made anything with curves yet either. I have so many other, easier patterns on my bucket list. Your quilt turned out beautifully. Great job!

Comment

I love that line of fabric, I've been looking it for months. Beautiful job! I did an apple core quilt, I didn't think the curves were too bad. I do remember lots of pinning.

Comment

It's beautiful! Congrats on mastering curves!
                      Katrina
                      “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

It's gorgeous! I have the templets too.
                        🌺 Lorie

Comment

Wow! You did such a great job with the curves! I don't think I will attempt curves anytime soon. I've only been quilting for about 25 years. 😸
                          ~ Carol from PA

Comment

What a wonderful job you've done. Your daughter is going to treasure this quilt for years to come.

Comment

A great collaboration between fabrics and pattern.
                              Beautiful quilt!
                              If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Working...
                              X