Quilter's Patch, by Laundry Basket Quilts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilter's Patch, by Laundry Basket Quilts

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg So glad this is done....today, I made another pillow to coordinate. The pattern is Dot Dot Dot from same designer in her book, Pillow Talk. I love that book and have made several,of her pillows.. Applique is turned edge and machine sewn using a micro-zigzag and monopoly clear thread.
    Attached Files
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Your quilt is beautiful. As is the bonus pillow. Your work is so well done.
    Diana Grey

Comment

Such a lovely photo of that quilt. It is so very pretty. wonderful work! 😸

Comment

Very nice! Love it. I love her patterns I did a block of the month with flowers. I finished the top but want it bigger so working on enlarging with borders. My favorite quilts are houses and baskets...beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
          Very nice! Love it. I love her patterns I did a block of the month with flowers. I finished the top but want it bigger so working on enlarging with borders. My favorite quilts are houses and baskets...beautiful!
          Thank you!! I love house quilts, too. Haven't done one yet, tho. So many patterns to chose from..
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

WOW beautiful.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

So lovely! I want to make that quilt someday.

Comment

Everything is so beautiful!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

How DO you make such perfectly round circles? I love that so much and from experience I do not think it is easy at all! Curves of any kind make me crazy bc I want them to turn out but I am never satisfied! I love yours. You have many talents, all your stuff is fabulous!

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. I am currently making this one too. I have all the flowers sewn together and am working on the vine. Well I should say i’m thinking about it, because there isn’t much working going on. I have decided to carry my vine around the top corner, midway across the top. Do you have any tips regarding working with the long length of vine, and of course also the bulk of the huge quilt. any other tips? I am also trying to do turned edge, and was using freezer paper and starch..but gotta get those leaves nice on the points. I have found this to be a challenging quilt

Comment

I keep going back to look at the photo of your quilt. I just love it!
                      ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Love this quilt and pillows ! Congratulations to your perfect round circles, I can’t do that no matter how hard I try
                        Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

Wow, wow WOW! Love the quilt and the matching pillows! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                            How DO you make such perfectly round circles? I love that so much and from experience I do not think it is easy at all! Curves of any kind make me crazy bc I want them to turn out but I am never satisfied! I love yours. You have many talents, all your stuff is fabulous!
                            Thank you! I Have tried all applique methods and my favorite, and one I do exclusively, is Appliquick. I prefer turned edge but dislike needle turn so, when I stumbled on this method, I was hooked. The method was further endorsed by The Best of Show last year at one of the international quilt shows. In her interview, she shared she used Appliquick method for all her circles in her quilt....which were hundreds and all small to mid-size. There is a YouTube on this method. Circles and curves turn out beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by fatquarters View Post
                              Your quilt is beautiful. I am currently making this one too. I have all the flowers sewn together and am working on the vine. Well I should say i’m thinking about it, because there isn’t much working going on. I have decided to carry my vine around the top corner, midway across the top. Do you have any tips regarding working with the long length of vine, and of course also the bulk of the huge quilt. any other tips? I am also trying to do turned edge, and was using freezer paper and starch..but gotta get those leaves nice on the points. I have found this to be a challenging quilt
                              Thank you! Though challenging, wasn't this a fun project with all the different blocks and techniques? I have seen other quilts where the vine is extended around top corner and that is beautiful. I decided not on mine..I did add more butterflies on the top as opposed to appliquing the quilt title as per pattern.

tips: Regarding vine, I did not attach my borders until all the applique was sewn on....that helps with not having to wrestle the size of the quilt, regardless of applique method used. You could leave a large tail of vine to attach to the top border when you hit that section to sew. I used a water soluble marker to draw my vine first on the border. Then I used a glue stick (water soluble) and, in sections starting from watering can, slowly attached my main vine in place. Pattern provides a template for the vine but I just winged it making sure my vine curves measured same from edge of flower block unit. Good luck! Looking forward to seeing you quilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X