Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new sewing room

Hello dear quilters,
    I hope everyone has a nice and safe Sunday ! The pictures we are seeing here in the news are quite scary and worrying.
    After a long time of planing and saving money I did a makeover of my sewing room, formally known as my living room, before my quilting hobby has taken over control. My apartment has 50 square meters so there are only two rooms. The carpenter made the furniture including my sewing table, which can be turned into a dining table if I am entertaining. Normally the small ikea table is big enough. There is a drawer for my thread and a drawer for my sewing machine. When I have to cut a lot of pieces I am using the big mat which makes such a difference because I don’t have to fold the fabric twice. The blue walls have been a dream of mine for years but I never have been brave enough. I had it done by a professional painter and it was so worth it, I would never have been able to do that by myself.
    There is wallpaper on the back of my Cupboard, I did that after I have seen in a magazine. The carpenter first was a bit disconcerted but then he made a thin piece of wood for me where I could put the wallpaper on. It can be removed or turned around if someday I want to change the look.
    the little drawer cabinet can be moved around so I can use it for pressing or to extend my table while I am quilting.
    I am so happy that this has been finished before Corona came, it makes such a difference to work on this table and I love my new room very much.
    Thanks for looking and please stay safe!
    uli
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Auntie Uli; May 31, 2020, 10:07 AM.
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

That looks like a dream space to work in. I love the blue and white scheme, so soothing.

Comment

I love how you incorporated your sewing space into your living room. It looks like a wonderful work space! And the dark blue walls really look pretty with your white furniture. I think it is hard to pick paint colors because they look so different on the walls compared to the little square on the paint card but you did an excellent job. Enjoy your new space.

Comment

It's gorgeous. Love your color choices. You did a wonderful job of planning how to make one room multi functional.

Comment

What a wonderful space to create in. Great job. Enjoy!
          Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Happy Quilting in your re-done space.

Comment

It's a beautiful space. And so neat and tidy.

Comment

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your new sewing space. It is lovely and the colors are so soothing to work in. Enjoy in good health!
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

What a beautiful area! I love your thread drawer. I'm a Janome girl too

Comment

You made the most out of a small space. It all looks so organized. Congratulations, and may you have many years of happy sewing in your studio!

Comment

Congrats! Makes me want to clean my space lol love how everything matches!

Comment

You have done a masterful job of using your space wisely. Your sewing tools will now greet you every morning, saying, "Come use us today!" Everything is lovely!
                        Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Your room is beautiful! What a clever and efficient use of the room you have. Happy sewing.
                          A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Comment

LOVE it! The blue looks fantastic with the white. The storage is awesome and I love your sewing machine wall hanging. You will have many peaceful, creative hours in your new space - Enjoy!

Comment

You fixed a fantastic space. Have a great time sewing in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X