Shapes Book- lots of pictures- part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shapes Book- lots of pictures- part 1

I finally finished the book for my grandson's birthday. Each grandchild gets a book that I have made when they turn 2 yrs old. The other ones I've made are ABCs, Colors, and Numbers.
    For each illustration, when you lift the shape, there is a bee underneath. There's no significance to the bee. It's just the only applique that was small enough and not a flower.
    When you see the rectangle page, of the truck, the name on the truck is a combination of his Mom's and Dad's last names. That's how they refer to themselves. Inside the truck are 3 boxes. Two of them have the logos from the companies that Mom and Dad work for. The other is a box of Charmin toilet paper- a sign of the times.
    20200531_084300.jpg20200531_084312.jpg20200531_084320.jpg
    20200531_084340.jpg20200531_084348.jpg20200531_084359.jpg20200531_084407.jpg20200531_084445.jpg
    Attached Files
    ~ Carol from PA

Beautiful work!
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Wow, what a wonderful book!!!

Comment

Your work is gorgeous and your grandchildren are lucky to get these!! I don't have an embroidery machine. Doesn't it slow you down alot when you have to change colors all the time? Or do you set up the pages with fabric glue and do all the reds, then change color and do all the blues for each page, etc? You must go through a mountain of thread.

Comment

I think my favorite is the soccer ball. Love that stadium behind the ball! Your grandson will love this book.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
            Your work is gorgeous and your grandchildren are lucky to get these!! I don't have an embroidery machine. Doesn't it slow you down alot when you have to change colors all the time? Or do you set up the pages with fabric glue and do all the reds, then change color and do all the blues for each page, etc? You must go through a mountain of thread.
            Each page was done in full, one at a time. Yes, it took a lot of thread changes. There isn't much embroidery in it. Just the label page and the words throughout the book. Oh, and the Happy Birthday banner is embroidered. Many of the pages started as something from free clip art. As I did each page, I kept adding things and changing things.
            ~ Carol from PA

Comment

Dove..this is so cool! Beautiful work and a treasure to be passed on...love it!
              "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

WOW beautiful.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Nice. What a beautiful treasure to pass on

Comment

A beautiful book or your grandson. It looks like a fun project for grandma too.

Comment

Working...
                    X