Ugly Quilt (Hawaiian)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Quilt (Hawaiian)

It's been a long time since I posted in this section. I made a big boo-boo, actually a couple. Too many prints that are the same colors, Then I turned my stacks around when I went to the machine, took that out and did it again! What a dufess. Then after rigging some plastic templet stuff to make a 12'' square, my 12 1/2'' ruler came in the mail. 🤣

I didn't play with the arrangement and left off the bottom row. For something so simple it was exhausting. lol
    ugly hawaiian.jpg
    Last edited by Hulamoon; May 26, 2020, 07:39 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

I like all the fabrics. Very colorful. I take it this is the Ugly Quilt? I sure like your fabrics better than the ones I used.

Comment

Originally posted by JCY View Post
      I like all the fabrics. Very colorful. I take it this is the Ugly Quilt? I sure like your fabrics better than the ones I used.
      Thanks! I changed my title so it won't confuse anyone.
      🌺 Lorie

Comment

I like it too.

Comment

I like it! Can't wait to make one.

Comment

I like it...very colorful! Glad this is behind you...been there..done that..
            "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Teen View Post
              I like it...very colorful! Glad this is behind you...been there..done that..
              lol, yeh I can say that now. Knowing what I did wrong (which shrunk my blocks) I might try again with a bunch of children's fabrics. I have so many I think I can avoid repeat colors. My quilt shop sent an email saying if your sick of making masks join our other charities. Pillow cases and Project Linus.
              🌺 Lorie

Comment

I love it!
                Katrina
                “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Your 'ugly' quilt is beautiful.
                  Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I think it is beeyoutifull, not ugly at all. It reminds me of my trip to Hawaii several years ago. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is the prettiest "ugly quilt" I've seen!

Comment

Guess I will have to join this group....I have many "ugly" (to me) prints to use up. Like many projects we start, sometimes it is more challenging than we anticipated. Had to laugh that the ruler you ordered came after your template was made. So frustrating. Glad you persevered to finish the quilt.
                        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                        Aesop

Comment

I love it, it looks happy and cheerful 😀
                          Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

I know a couple of little girls who would love that quilt! I think it's really cute.

Comment

I think it's cute! Now you have to try again on an ugly quilt!
                              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                              X