Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koala baby quilt

Hello dear quilters,
    this one has been finished in February. It is one of Elizabeth Hartmans patterns and I loved making it. I made it for a new born baby and it is quite big. But I think it makes sense to make quilts for kids to grow up with, so they can be used for a long time. On the other hand I may never again make such a complex project for someone who isn’t family. People tend to think they know how much thoughts and work, not to mention the material, goes into such a project. But the mother of the child didn’t even gave me a call to say thanks. So next time it will be a smaller quilt with a pattern that goes much quicker.
    However, I think the little Koalas are really lovely and Mrs. Hartman did a good job with writing this pattern.
    kind regards
    Uli
    PS: Can I do something to keep my pictures from turning around ?
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Your quilt is lovely. I agree that most have no idea of the time, effort and dollars that go into a quilt. I am very selective of who I gift mine to.

Comment

Beautiful quilt! I agree. I'm picky at who I gift as well. I've only ever given to a select few. My BF is funny and he keeps me real about giving away quilts to non family. Lol

Comment

Oh Auntie, that is lovely. love all the different colors you did them in too! much appreciated from all of us!!!

Comment

Really awesome quilt.....only people i know appreciate and value receive this level of work in quilts from my studio. You would have definitely heard from me with mega gratitude should I have received such a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I once made a really beautiful quilt for a cousin...took me forever and specific pattern selected was special just for her. I received a picture with her dog laying on it. Irritating but gift was from heart...if isn't received from heart..oh well....that's on them.
          "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Uli, it's a beautiful quilt. I make a lot of quilts for new babies at church. I stick to easy and quick patterns! lol, apparently I have a new name at church... I still sign gifts with my name and under that, Jim's Mom, but I was told it needed to be updated to the quilt lady. I guess after 3 years, I could quit putting Jim's Mom.

Quilts that have a lot of work involved, go to family. Even then, they have no idea how much work and money goes into making a quilt.
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh, the work that went into that beautiful quilt! And the quilting is so detailed! It breaks my heart that the recipient does not fully appreciate the magnitude of your gift. Your forum friends understand and appreciate it, though.

Comment

Just adorable! I love all the colors!
                ~ Carol from PA
                As long as we have kitties, we will all be OK

Comment

Very cute quilt! The quilting is excellent.

Comment

Perhaps they are too awestruck by its awesomeness to know what to say. The quilting is beautiful. Love the koalas, too!

Comment

Beautiful quilt! Love the pattern, and your quilting is fantastic.

Comment

What a beautiful quilt and incredible work, the quilting is fantastic. I think it is true that when you give a quilt with so much work and so much love, we feel a little sorry when checking that i is not so loved, I have also felt that and perhaps now it costs me more to give my quilts

Comment

What an awesome quilt! I would have had a hard time giving it away.
                          Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

The quilt is beyond beautiful in so many ways. I would have found it hard to give away. I have given away a lot of quilts, etc. as baby gifts. If I don't get a simple thank you, well....gifts to them are off my list. I think it's deplorable that they couldn't say thank you. I know new families are busy, but whatever happened to courtesy.
                            “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                            “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

It's absolutely beautiful! Too bad it went to someone who did not appreciate all the work and love that went into it. Shame on them.
                              I am Sew Blessed!
                              Alina

Comment

Working...
                              X