Finished Blankets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished Blankets

3E6EA45F-CB58-42C2-AE54-09810AF5CE32.jpeg I was able to get my butt in gear and finished the blankets for the kids in my daughter’s daycare. There is nine of them. Pictures attached. Just cotton top and cuddle fabric on the bottom. She did not want batting. The kids use these when they have quiet and/or nap time. Not sure which is my favorite. I know the kids so had one in mind when I picked the prints. We will see if my daughter agrees. It doesn’t matter to me if she does.
    Attached Files
    Carlie

Cute. I love those without the batting

Comment

All so cute and perfect for nappy time... I love the dinosaur print.. Colorful!
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I love the dinosaur one as well. Great job!!

Comment

They all were very nice! Those kiddos at the day care are going to really enjoy all your hard work!
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

That's a whole lot of work! Beautifully done. I know the kids will love them.

How was using the cuddle on the back without batting? Any hints for the lady with a bunch of Ugly to work on?
            Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
            ― Maya Angelou

Comment

You've been busy. They're all lovely. Is the minky difficult to sew on? I've never tried it.

Comment

This is the first time I worked with minky and I got frustrated quickly. It seems to me that most of them are not square but then I figured the kids would not care or even be aware of it. It shifts a lot. What helped me was using my extension table and most definitely you need to use a walking foot. I pinned all 4 sides before sewing. I placed the two materials together then on my ironing board and ironed to make sure they were flat then pinned. While sewing I made sure that the fabric was not pulling, if you keep it straight all the way across width wise while you are sewing it helps but I still ran into problems here and there. The longer the minky is the more fuzz you get. I liked the "polka dot" minky better because it did not fuzz as much. I have a cuddle kit that my daughter bought that is for the latest one to turn one. There are instructions with it to help keep the fuzz down but I did not read that until I had the others completed. 😬

I do love the dinosaur print. I chose that one for a 4-year-old boy. My daughter has had him and his twin sister since they were 8 weeks old. I also love the frog/turtle print. That one I picked for an adorable 2-year-old boy who has the most engaging smile with deep dimples on both sides. Then there is the monkey/giraffe print that I picked for a 3-year-old girl because when I saw the print I immediately thought of her. For her 4-year old sister I picked the pink and brown dancing pigs because she started dance class last fall. Those are the only ones I really picked out for certain kids but I'll let my daughter choose who gets what. I'm hoping she will have her oldest daughter video the "giving" so I can see the reactions.
                Carlie

Comment

Working...
                X