Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I love about quilting

Hello everyone,
    I hope everyone is doing well during these difficult times! I finished some projects, Corona gave me more sewing time than I usually have, but this is the same for many quilters now. Our lockdown has been gradually opened so shops are open now and the most important thing is our LQS reopened. Your have to wear a mask and stand in line until your are allowed to enter, but we can see silver linings and we had a great barbecue with the family as we have been allowed to meet again.
    What I love about quilting is, that you can make so many different kinds of projects. I made Lori Holts Granny’s garden quilt and pillow for my moms bed and it has been my first appliqué project. I loved making it, but is has been a pain to quilt this huge and heavy thing on my DSM. Then I made a modern quilt for a men and it had to be not to patchworky....and I loved making this one two. The pattern is from Victoria Findlay-Wolfes book Modern Quilt Magic and is called Negative Space positive attitude. I love that you don’t have to make a decision which kinds of quilts you want to make.
    so please stay safe everyone...keep calm and quilt on :-)
    Uli
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Love the quilts. Great finishes!!

Comment

That is very impressive, and beautiful.

Comment

Beautiful work!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

They are all amazing! Your applique work is beautiful
          ~ Carol from PA
          As long as we have kitties, we will all be OK

Comment

I love them both

Comment

I love your quilts! They are absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Her quilts are beautiful but those appliques are really wonderful, congratulations for your fantastic work

Comment

Very nice! And we have missed you, we haven't seen your smiling face here in awhile. That Lori Holt quilt looks fab but quite alot of work making all those blocks. The others are super too. Hope you are doing well. Good to hear you were allowd to reconnect with your family. The U.S. is beginning to open up now but it is very controversial whether it is too soon.
                  Last edited by jjkaiser; May 23, 2020, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Beautiful work! I also made Granny's Garden quilt and really enjoyed making it.
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                      Very nice! And we have missed you, we haven't seen your smiling face here in awhile. That Lori Holt quilt looks fab but quite alot of work making all those blocks. The others are super too. Hope you are doing well. Good to hear you were allowd to reconnect with your family. The U.S. is beginning to open up now but it is very controversial whether it is too soon.
                      Thank you so much ! I had to stay at home for two weeks and though there has been enough time to spend time in the Forum I wasn’t in the mood to it. Our team has been sent to something called working short here in Germany, which means you keep your job but you are loosing parts of your income. As a nurse it will be most unlikely that I won’t be able to find a new job even if I should loose mine. But all that loss of feeling safe kind of paralyzed me. I kept on sewing and quilting, finished some ByAnnie bags I always wanted to make. I love her patterns and tutorials, listening to her calms me down.
                      However I am still there and am happy I haven’t been forgotten 😘
                      Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Comment

Working...
                      X