FMQ on Domestic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMQ on Domestic

Since I have mentioned that I am working on this (forever and ever), thought you'd like to see some of the quilting. I am down to just the borders...woohoo!! This is all FMQ and ruler work; however, I did use the walking foot on the greenhouse since my ruler isn't that long and it would have been a mess otherwise. I see lots of boo boo's....a couple of really bad choices, I ripped out and re-sewed a different design but I'm keeping this so I don't care about the mistakes. This has really challenged me....I won't attempt this again until I have a LA. Lol..
    Attached Files
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! Such a challenging top to piece & then the quilting. You're doing a fantastic job!

Comment

I love your quilt. And to think that your quilting was done on a regular sewing machine is just amazing!
      Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Love it! What's the pattern? Looks like my type of pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
          Love it! What's the pattern? Looks like my type of pattern.
          Thank you! Pattern is Quilter's Patch from Laundry Basket Quilts. It was a BOM a couple of years ago but I only saw it 2018, fell in love with it and bought the pattern. Took me a year to select all the fabrics for it. Lol.. I'll post pic of the whole quilt when done...I'm close....Yipee!

"You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Your quilt is beautiful. I made it as a bom back then, so I can appreciate just how much work you put into this. Your quilting is wonderful.
            Diana Grey

Comment

Looks like you were/are up for the challenge! It’s beautiful!
              💫 Star lover

Comment

Beautiful quilt and your quilting is amazing!!!

Comment

Wow. Love the top and your quilting is amazing.
                  Debbie

Comment

That is absolutely stunning. Don't be so hard on yourself, your quilting is great.
                    I looked up that pattern and it seems to actually be a book with some rather pricey [for me🤔] templates. A friend in my guild has made it and did not use the templates so I know with more skill than I have😊 it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Claire Hallman View Post
                      That is absolutely stunning. Don't be so hard on yourself, your quilting is great.
                      I looked up that pattern and it seems to actually be a book with some rather pricey [for me🤔] templates. A friend in my guild has made it and did not use the templates so I know with more skill than I have😊 it can be done.
                      Thank you! I did not buy the acrylic templates..you are right...they are costly. The pattern book has the paper templates you can make your own. This is not a difficult quilt to piece...just the blocks have a lot of pieces.

Comment

What an amazing job, I love it and its quilting is really fantastic

Comment

So very pretty! I can't wait to see the completed quilt!
                          ~ Carol from PA
                          As long as we have kitties, we will all be OK

Comment

It's amazing! Your quilting is great also.

Comment

What a beautiful quilt! Your quilting is fantastic!
                              I am Sew Blessed!
                              Alina

Comment

Working...
                              X