Allie's quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allie's quilt

I'm a matchy-matchy kinda' girl - I'm most confident when working with fabrics that were designed to go together. This quilt is NOT that way. It's for my DGD who will be two this summer. I've been planning it for two years (of course), and during that time, I made all manner of changes in my head. So what I ended up with was a back that is TOTALLY different from the front, which makes me cringe every time I think about it. That said, I do like each side on its own, and I think my granddaughter will be happy with it. Happily, the light pink binding goes with both the front and the back.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Beautiful work! It's going to be loved for many years to come.
    Katrina
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Oh...this is darling!! All those hearts probably don't even come close to expressing your love...you've created a treasure, for sure...
      "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

WOW....and MORE WOW....I really love this quilt Sally! I love the quilted hearts so so much!
        Thanks for sharing!
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

I like it. I love the way you put her name on the back.

Comment

That is absolutely adorable and with her name on the back, too! It is precious and I'm sure she will love it!

Comment

I see nothing to cringe about. She will love it forever!
              Carlie

Comment

Originally posted by KarenC View Post
                I like it. I love the way you put her name on the back.
                Thanks, Karen! The lettering is from a Kimberbell pattern. I've found it very useful on baby quilts, because I can use the name strip to widen the back, which is often necessary when the backing fabric is 44" and the top is 48".

Comment

Working...
                X