Peggy's sewing room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peggy's sewing room

Hello, I made many quilts, bags, runners, table toppers etc. in all the nearly 25 years, here are some photos for you

Now I will go on

Comment

some more patchwork

Comment

Such a nice variety!. Your birds on a wire quilt made me smile. I had that pattern saved for some fabric I have. I think I'll go see if it will work.

Thanks for sharing!
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Now some of my historical costumes I sew from 1860 to 1900

Comment

and some more dresses

Comment

Wow, you're a busy bee with so many different types of sewing skills. Thanks for sharing!
              Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

A beautiful representation of your skills and creativity. Your period clothing is incredible.
                "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Wow lady, you are super talented. Thanks for all the eye candy! Your costumes are really amazing!

Comment

All your work are fantastic but those period costumes are wonderful and all of you look so proud to wear them, congratulations for your magnificent works

Comment

Can you tell us the story about your costumes, why you make them?
                      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

I'm happy you like the stuff I have sewn in the last years. There is so much more but only in the traditional way, paper, two big folders full of photos.

Of course I can tell you the story behind and it's easy for you to follow. Look at my avatar, I introduce you to my great grandparents Kurt and Marie Brandenburg.
                        This photo is the root of all my interests in costume making. I loved the photo, it was taken around 1895, and when I was a child I always thought I want to have a dress like this. It needed a couple of years before I started to make a dream come true. In 2002 bought my first corset and started sewing, first 1890 and 1895. Than we had a weekend in a Western Town "Pullman City" in the Harz and I decided to sew some dresses from the 1860. So now I have around 20 ore more dresses, teagowns, reception- evening and/or ballgowns. All with matching hats or flowers/bows for to dress the hairstyle, bags, fans, gloves etc. all what you need to build up an authentic look from the time. We are a German wide group and organize meeting our self. Unfortunately because of things in life change actually it's only once a year or all two years. That's a mess because once it was three times a year or so. This is the reason I have not sewn a dress in the last five or six years because I have enough on hand. Still have nice authentic fabric around to start. This year we wanted to have a meeting in Czechia with a reception, dance, walking in the park etc. but because of Corona ......... ☹ hopefully we can met next year.

Comment

Beautiful work & the period outfits...Wow! Gina

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, Peggy! Thanks for sharing your wonderful work. I think my favorite of your quilts is the ABC, and I'm in love with that cow!! Did you make that from a pattern?

Comment

Absolutely stunning.....everything you've made is OTT amazing!! Your clothing, like REALLY WOW.....I've always wanted to sew something like the clothes you've made. I can honestly everything you made is my favorite!
                              You're very talented!
                              Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                              http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
                              X