Wallhanging - Vintage Housewife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wallhanging - Vintage Housewife

image.jpeg I love Lori Holt's Vintage Housewife pattern but was not able to,participate in her recent sew-along...but I bought the templates so I could make one in the future. Playing with the templates, I made this Wallhanging to give me a break from FMQ'ing a quilt. Appliqueis turned edge, machine sewn using clear polifilament from Superior Threads.
    Last edited by Teen; May 18th, 2020, 01:55 PM.
    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Adorable and beautiful work!
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Would look lovely hanging in a laundry room! Cute!

Comment

Super cute hanging on a wall! Nice job.

Comment

Nice work. I wish I had the patience to do needle turned applique.

Comment

That is just too cute. Great job!

Comment

It is beautiful.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

It's beautiful!
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

I want to do one of her sew alongside and life keeps getting in the way. I like your idea and this is a great wall hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Paisley View Post
                    I want to do one of her sew alongside and life keeps getting in the way. I like your idea and this is a great wall hanging.
                    Thank you! I have only done one sew along and had just finished it before she started the Vintage Housewife...I did the Granny's Garden sew along...love that quilt....I just didn't have it in me to start another right away when I have so many projects kitted up and ready. Here is my Granny's Garden. image.jpeg
                    "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Love your work! I just downloaded the vintage housewife pattern. I'm trying to figure out what fabrics to use. I can't decide if to use happy fabrics or I have a few fat quarter packs. One I have a lot of ...they might work, they are happy with blues greens and purples.

Comment

Originally posted by Teen View Post

Thank you! I have only done one sew along and had just finished it before she started the Vintage Housewife...I did the Granny's Garden sew along...love that quilt....I just didn't have it in me to start another right away when I have so many projects kitted up and ready. Here is my Granny's Garden. image.jpeg
                        Oh this is lovely! You do grand work. I want this pattern and am going to see if I can find it somewhere. You’ve inspired me to dig through my stash and do something other than baby quilts. 😀

Comment

Working...
                        X