Throw back to the 60s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throw back to the 60s

I finally have a finished project. It's been a while. I got this panel at one of my trips to MSQC for the forum retreat, so sometime within the last 4 years. I felt the urge this week that I needed to quilt something, so went looking through my stash. Didn't even put borders on it. Anyhow, here we are in 2020 with a throwback to The Flinstones ! Found some Charlie Brown fabric in my stash that I thought was perfect for the backing. So one day, someone will get to explain to their child who the Flinstones are. Flinstones.jpg

Ah,.I remember nice cartoon shows. memories.

Comment

Love it! A few years ago I bought a bunch of fabric to make a quilt with that reminded me of the weekends as a kid. Saturday morning cartoons and the Sunday funnies! I should make that quilt...I was hoping to add to the fabrics. I also bought the Archie line of fabric for an archie quilt since they were a big part of my childhood too. Things were so much simpler.

Comment

That is so cute... Yabba dabba do...! The theme song is now playing a continuous loop in my head...lol..
        "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

That's what I thought too, yabba dabba doo! I watched that show all the time when I was a kid. That is a darling quilt.

Comment

I still watch the Flintstones on MeTv. Love the quilt

Comment

I once made a quilt with all my favorite cartoon characters: Superman, Supergirl, Snow White, Cinderella, Green Lantern, and more (it's packed right now so I'm working from memory). I made it "Sudoku Style" so that the characters make up a Sudoku puzzle with no matches in any row, column or quadrant. Fastest quilt I ever made, even with all the fussy cutting I had to do!
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

How fun - that brings back some great childhood memories!

Comment

Working...
                X