Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugly Quilt Show and Tell

102_0653.JPG

The verdict is out, it certainly is busy!

One hint - avoid directional prints...
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Ha, ha. I"m making a scrappy nine patch, that is bad enough. Yours is looking good so far!!

Comment

I think I'd have to put sashing between those blocks to break up the busy-ness.
      *~* Myrna *~*
      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

There is a lot of high contrasting fabrics going on, that maybe why it's busy. Are you going to try another?
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
          102_0653.JPG

Oops, I'm going to have upside down hula girls. lol
          "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Can't wait to see what mine looks like...I love your Christmas fabric, I lack in Christmas fabric. I would add black sashing as well. I can't help but do controlled scrappy. Looks good what ever you decide.

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
              102_0653.JPG

I often wonder about this. Most quilts that are used, as opposed to wall hangings, will be seen from many angles so directional prints shouldn't matter. That is just my theory though.😂

Comment

I started sewing together my blocks tonight. One set done. I do have some directional prints. Wow, that is really busy! I'm curious to see how mine will turn out.

Comment

I made the second one this afternoon after Mike said it looked a lot better than he thought it would!
                  Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                  ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by MRoy View Post
                    I think I'd have to put sashing between those blocks to break up the busy-ness.
                    Yes, it is busy, I also think sashing would help. Great thing about it....you've used up some of your scraps! Can't wait to see it completed.
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I love it. I think it will become one of your most used quilts. Its funny how when you cover up on the couch with a quilt it is fun to run your hands over all the different fabrics and quilt designs. I have one that I gave my GS for Xmas last year that he didn't like because it had too many flowers so I traded him in January and he was so happy. I brought it home . It is a scrappy scrappy log cabin and not really the colors I would have chosen for myself, but as I use it, I have fallen in love. So judgenot until you have cuddled up.
                      Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
                      Terry

Comment

I have found that quilts I have made and think are ugly get used and enjoyed the most.

Comment

Working...
                        X