Stay at home quilt block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay at home quilt block

I haven't been on the forum for a couple of days. I was in a bit of funk on Saturday. I have spent the last couple of days in the sewing room -- I wanted to see if I could make a quilt block similar to the "stay at home" logos I have seen online. I want to turn it into a wallhanging and display it in one of my front windows. I made the first block, then immediately regretted not using yellow around the heart to make it more noticeable. After a couple of tweaks, I finished block #2 today. Now all I need to do is quilt it and hang it up before the stay at home order is lifted! Thanks for looking!

DSCN0568.jpgDSCN0569.jpg

I like both of them!

Comment

Adorable.....cute idea!

Comment

I like them both, but I like the first one a little more ❤🏠❤
        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Both are sweet, but I do like the 2nd one best...the yellow makes it look like the heart is in the house (where it belongs) instead of painted on the outside of the home.

Comment

What a great block! Hope you are out of your funk. I seem to fight that daily.

Comment

I love the idea. I think I shall make some for friends and family to post on their outside doors.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Wonderful way to get rid of the 'funk.' I love them both.
                No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
                Aesop

Comment

Sew cute!

I hope you are lifted out of the funk. It does seem hard to decide what sewing project to do right now. Best wishes!

Comment

I mentally called it the "Home is Where the Heart Is" block. And right now, it's where the rest of the body is, too! But, they're gorgeous and I love them both!

Comment

Oh those are so cute! great name for the quilt of houses!! keep going.

Comment

This seems like a good thing for a swap 😁
                        "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Love house blocks.....glad I'm not the only one....I'm living in funk ville today. That would be a great medallion, then all things limited right now. I would do a coffee cup on one, computer ..I'm working from home, toilet paper, sewing machine, mask. surround the big house with little houses. Thanks for getting my gears going!! A quilt to remember this time might be a good idea ...

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post
                            Love house blocks.....glad I'm not the only one....I'm living in funk ville today. That would be a great medallion, then all things limited right now. I would do a coffee cup on one, computer ..I'm working from home, toilet paper, sewing machine, mask. surround the big house with little houses. Thanks for getting my gears going!! A quilt to remember this time might be a good idea ...
                            You know that's a really great idea! I finally got my new machine home and it needs a cover. I could applique all sorts of things from this block of life.

Comment

Moda fabrics has a free one with houses called Village. Cute too.

Comment

Working...
                              X