Abi's quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abi's quilt

This UFO has been six years in the making. I'm relieved to have it finished, but oh. my. lanta. So many errors, and such wonkiness! I've been telling myself it's because I've learned a great deal in six years, so the most recent squares were much more accurate than the earlier ones. My DD selected the fabrics; when we were leaving the fabric store, she turned to me and said, "Okay, Mom, I get it." "Get what?" "I get why it takes you FOREVER to pick out fabric!" Anyway, here it is, in all its flawed glory:

Jenny always says Finished is better than perfect.

Was it on a live recently she was talking about taking out her first quilts and seeing how far she's come in designing and making quilts. I think a lot of us forget where we started and need to take a trip down memory lane.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

It is interesting to pull out a quilt from our beginning isn't it? I have one that I keep solely for that reason.

Comment

I have a 30 year old one on my bed.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Jenny says "Finished is better than perfect."
          My hubby Terry's GMA used to say....." If a handmade item doesn't have mistakes in it, it wasn't made with love." Years ago when I started to learn to sew and would show Grandma my newest dress or whatever I'd made for my daughter, I would start showing her the mistakes, simply because grandma was an amazing Sewist, and of course I wanted her opinion OR for her to tell me what I did wrong(?) Terry's grandma would put her hand over mine and say "Child, I don't see any mistakes. I see a little dress made for a little girl by her mama. It's perfect". Typing this made me brought back wonderful memories. There's times when I miss Grandma a lot. She was amazing.
          th5T2LY6JR.jpg
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Working...
          X