Masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks

Here are a few of the masks I made before I sent this batch off to our local hospital. It's slow going sewing and my machine has been stubborn. I could only get black elastic but that will be fine. I have some more on the way that I hope will work. This is the first picture I've posted on the new forum..hope it works. I'm using the basic pattern from www.buttoncounter.com. The accent strips are just bias tape.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bubby; March 25th, 2020, 05:14 AM.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Great work! What pattern are you using. I like the accent strips.
    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Awesome job! One of my LQS sent out an email SOS for face masks this morning. They are collecting as many as they can tomorrow morning outside their shop. They want the kind with a filter pocket and adjustable wire.

Comment

Buddy I don't see the picture of your masks?
        https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
        Women are Angels.
        When someone
        break's our wings
        we will continue to
        fly...usually on a
        broomstick.
        We're flexible like that.
        - embroitique

Comment

The picture is there for me. They're cute!

Comment

Those look great!!! I only got five done, but my pattern is different. I think I may have to do a bit more research....
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Cute fabric for this cause.

Comment

Love these! I called the pediatrician's office where my children and now their children were/are patients, and asked if they wanted any. The receptionist thanked me and said she'd call me back, which she did. They've asked for "a few" which I'm guessing means they want to see what I come up with. Here's the three I've made so far: there is a piece of pipe cleaner along the top edge, so the wearer can fit it to the nose.

P_20200328_213238_LL.jpg

Comment

I like your masks. Now I'm seeing cloth headbands with buttons so the elastic ear loops can be fastened there. Ears get raw after long hours of wearing loops. Sorry, I don't have a link. I saw it on FB last night.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                    I like your masks. Now I'm seeing cloth headbands with buttons so the elastic ear loops can be fastened there. Ears get raw after long hours of wearing loops. Sorry, I don't have a link. I saw it on FB last night.
                    I saw those too and love them! Have not been able to find a pattern yet. All mine have ties.
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I found this photo of headbands with buttons on Reddit. YouTube tutorial here-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebIo5pYC2Q

o03k9k8sb3p41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=11e34459d04e6b186cdb02ad8b10d12cc8897abe.jpg
                      Last edited by MRoy; March 31st, 2020, 02:42 PM.
                      *~* Myrna *~*
                      *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                      X