Amish memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amish memories

My sister recently went on a coach tour through the Amish country and fell in love with everything she saw. She bought a panel and a piece of fabric and asked me to do something with them. Hope it will bring back many happy memories for her as time goes by. I have a problem with mitred corners in attic windows so did them the easier way.

Wow, that looks great. love the colors too!

Comment

That's a great use of that panel! I'm very close to Amish country in Ohio and love spending time there. Your sister will love the quilt.

Comment

That's really wonderful!

Comment

Beautiful finish on the panel squares. One of the teachers at our LQS does the windows like that too. It does make sense and another option for windows look.

Comment

I like how you put those together. Great job.

Comment

Beautiful quilt. This reminds me that I have a covered bridge panel that would look great done like this.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Great job.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Thanks for your nice comments everyone. Sadly it will be a while before my sister receives it as all states in Australia have closed their borders. She lives in Queensland and I'm in Canberra, ACT. We were going on a cruise at the end of April but it will be cancelled. I was going to give it to her then . Oh well - if life gives you scraps - make quilts!!!!!

Comment

It's gorgeous and I hope you can get it to your sister soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X