No announcement yet.

Virtual Quilt Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Tiki quilt brought a smile to my face first thing this morning, thank you!
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Originally posted by Cathy F View Post
      That Tiki quilt brought a smile to my face first thing this morning, thank you!
      I'm glad to have put a smile on your face, Cathy! He hangs by my desk, and I see him each and every day!

Comment

If Tiki (Tom, Terry, or Tim) ever starts singing, be careful!!! Very clever design. Love the idea of virtual quilt show!! May just find a way to post a pic of a quilt I made....

Comment

Here is a quilt I made for my folks 70th anniversary. They had to show everyone at the assisted living facility
          Attached Files

Comment

• blusk
            blusk commented
            Editing a comment
            Oooo, that's pretty!

dblwedfrt.jpg I think the double wedding ring and the cathedral window are my favorite quilts to make. One, they are time consuming but they are timeless. This was my third one that I made, but the first one that I quilted with my embroidery machine. I haven't used it yet but plan to take it to the coast to dress up that empty rental house and try to make it a happy home instead of someone elses house.
          I love the creativity of your tiki quilt. It looks like such fun and quite a conversation starter
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

• blusk
            blusk commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a lot of double wedding ring quilts! Thanks for sharing this beautiful one!

(Also, the tiki was fun, even if I'm no party animal!)

Originally posted by chelea View Post
          Those are lovely Myrna!
          I don't have anything new to post but do have 3 in progress. I'd better get off the Forum and run to my sweatshop to turn out something nice to share.
          Me, too... Finally got a UFO from SIX YEARS AGO sandwiched today - hoping to quilt & bind in the next few days, and then I'll post.

Comment

Originally posted by cjsews View Post
            Here is a quilt I made for my folks 70th anniversary. They had to show everyone at the assisted living facility
            Oh, my, that is lovely! I would show it off to all my friends, too.

Comment

Originally posted by cjsews View Post
              What a beautiful quilt for a tribute to your parents anniversary. The design and quilting are stunning.

My grandfather passed 2 months before their 70th anniversary. You don't see that too often anymore.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I think someone sent me a PM but I accidentally deleted it. Sorry if it was you

Comment

One of the BEST benefits of working for Missouri Star where I do is that I get to go through the photography from previous years of BLOCK Magazine when looking for quilts. I am constantly amazed at both the beauty of the quilts and the stunning photography. We really do have an amazing team of artists and photographers in the Missouri Star family!

Here's a simple and simply beautiful one from BLOCK Volume 4 Issue 2, the 9 Patch and Hourglass. I don't know any more of the story behind it, but the picture caught my eye! (And the colors were really pretty for Spring)

Brian

Comment

I might have to do that one from block to get thru some scraps, I have three bins full. I like that scrappy. Thanks

Comment

My beautiful birthday gift from my dear daughter...hand quilted, stitched with love. As quilters, most of us give away everything we make...this time I was the recipient! I'm so honored and so happy to have passed down my love of quilting to her.
                      Last edited by chelea; March 30th, 2020, 09:50 AM.
                      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

• blusk
                        blusk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Lucky, Chelea! That's a beautiful double slice quilt, and a great birthday gift!

I have only been quilting about a year and have learned everything from watching MSQC tutorials. While these quilts are not difficult, they definitely were a challenge for me - the bear paw was the 2nd quilt I ever made (king size)! The flying geese log cabin took me a while because I didn't really like how it was turning out (for my bestie), but in the end, I think it is my most favorite of all.

image_117025.jpg
                      IMG_20191117_132509.jpg image_117024.jpgimage_117026.jpg‚Äč
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by AnitaH; April 8th, 2020, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• blusk
                        blusk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow those look great! The pillow is amazing... that must have been a challenge to do!

Wow, those quilts are really beautiful and ambitious for a beginner, but you nailed it!
                      Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

AnitaH - your quilts are beautiful. You underestimate your talent. That 3 dudes quilt is not for the faint of heart. It had me wishing I had not made it King size for a girlfriend.

Welcome to the Forum, do share your pictures and create an album so they can be easily found later.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
                        X