Suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions please

This is laid out on my table and it's time to attach it to the backing. But how do I do that without stretching it? Im sure spray basting will require lifting and replacing multiple times. If I use glue, what type/brand?

Quilter's Rules:
    #1 Buy fabric - no matter how much you already have.
    #2 Sew all day and all night - no cooking allowed.
    #3 Start a new quilt before the last one is finished - must return to #1.

I don't have the answer but it is lovely. Is it a table topper. If you are putting batting in between, I would think lay out your backing, top with batting and then put the topper on it and pin, like sandwiching. I could be off base.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Starch it well

Comment

Your top is beautiful. I think you've got good advise. How are you planning on binding it or are you sandwiching together and flipping inside out method?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

This is how I would do it.
          Press both the top and backing well, using Best Press, starch, or your choice.
          Smooth the backing out, wrong side up.
          Spray the backing with spray baste and place the batting on to it.
          Without spraying, position the top on the batting. Smooth it out and make sure it is aligned the way you want it.
          If possible, add a few pins to one half to keep it in place. (Don't do this for batiks or fabrics where the holes will be permanent.)
          Gently fold one side (the unpinned one) over the other. Spray baste the exposed batting.
          Gently smooth the top back down over the sprayed batting. A second person to hold the edges as you smooth may help.
          Repeat the fold, spray, and smooth for the other side.
          If another person is not available to help, a tube such as wrapping paper is rolled on can be used to roll the top back down onto the spray.

Hope that helps!

Lyn

If I ever got it all together, I'd be too tired to do anything with it.
          🙄

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. It is going to be a quilt and will have a border in the colors of the dahlia. Will post when done.

Quilter's Rules:
            #1 Buy fabric - no matter how much you already have.
            #2 Sew all day and all night - no cooking allowed.
            #3 Start a new quilt before the last one is finished - must return to #1.

Comment

Working...
            X