first Epp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first Epp

I usually don't display my UFOs here, but wanted to test out the picture upload in the new format....

After seeing this quilt and reading the story of friendship and teamwork. http://quiltskingston.org/khq/GQGardenPath.htm was inspired to try my hand at English Paper Piecing to create one for me. 10 months later, and 1434 hand stitch hexagons, the top is finished (still needs to be quilted, maybe next year I'll get to that part).

Garden Path (2).jpg

WOW our pictures are huge! Ok I'll give new forum format an A+ for picture posting.

Comment

Congrats on the upload and yes, your picture is huge! It's great for these old eyes. 😊

Your quilt is beautiful! I admire your patience and all of your hard work.

Comment

Beautiful finish. How big are your hexies? What is the size of your quilt. Loving your layout design. I am STILL working on mine. I should have never made half inch hexies...hahaha.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Granny Fran View Post
          Beautiful finish. How big are your hexies? What is the size of your quilt. Loving your layout design. I am STILL working on mine. I should have never made half inch hexies...hahaha.
          The hexies are 1.5 inches and the finished top is about 75 x 105. I'm so glad I didn't go with smaller hexies, I admire you for doing so though!

Comment

Oh Caroline that is the most beautiful hexie quilt I've seen in a long time. So perfect in every way. Glad you posted it

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!
              Katrina
              “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou

Comment

Beautiful quilt and its design is fabulous, I have not seen many quilts of hexes so original I love and also the colors. Congratulations for your great work

Comment

Love love love your quilt top.
                  I am on the last strech of mine, what a work but what a great project. I have worked on and off on mine, started with the Hexie fever over here, but I never thought I would finish mine, now started a new one with very small hexies, the one almost finished is like yours 1,5" hexagons.

congratulations on your top, it is just georgeous!!
                  It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

This quilt is literally breathtaking! I love how big the photo is, you can REALLY see what went into this. This is my new favorite! LOL! Among all your quilts, yes, this is my favorite!! No. Wait.....I love my blue and white quilt you made.....but, then, I REALLY love the kaleidoscope quilt...…

You do BEAUTIFUL work. A super talented lady!
                    sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Working...
                    X