X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Quilter
    replied
    Re: Draft stoppers

Great idea. I live in Illinois and we have some drafts here these days and I could use some of my stash to make them. Thanks for the idea. Happy Quilting!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Hi angie
    I really like the idea of stash busting! And I could use them at every window and door in my drafty old house! I made a few some years back and also used the kitty litter with old woolen coats from the goodwill. They still work like a charm. I made little envelopes of the litter and cut up woolens so i could launder them.
    Love the second one, especially- twirly, swirly and happy!

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied

What a great idea and I can use up remnants! I have an old house and these would be very handy. It is a balmy 23 F. to go down to 6 degrees. Could be worse my bro is at -16F. BRRR!

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

I made them 8"x33" for a 32" door. I made three little bags about 3"x3" finished and filled them with Kitty Litter. I sewed the 8"x33" fabric into a tube leaving one end open. I put one bag of kitty litter in, filled to the center point with fiber fill, add another kitty litter bag, fill with fiber fill, add the last kitty litter bag, scrunch everything down to make a space to fold in the ends and machine sew the opening closed. They were really easy!
    Thanks for the window and sliding door ideas! I never even thought to use them there...

Leave a comment:

• ginampls
    replied

okay i have seen these... but i know i live in MN.... but what do you stuff them with???

would make great gifts... or a cool thing to offer at a craft fair....

Leave a comment:

• Shirley
    replied

Hi Angie,
    These are sooo cute. How wide do you cut the fabric? I want to
    make some. Thanks
    Shirley

Leave a comment:

• quiltingtrish
    replied

It sounds like the kitty litter inside would be the weight part of it.
    Love these! I think I need some too - love that middle one with the strips off center a little.

Hugs,

Leave a comment:

• jrchapman
    replied

They are a lovely idea, it's been super cold here for months now. It got down to -15C (I think that's about 5 degrees Fahrenheit) a couple of weeks ago and it's due to get colder in January.

I could do with one of these to stop the draft in my room at uni. Is it just filled with regular stuffing or is there something weighted in there?

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

Happy to be in Indiana where compared to the east coast we are enjoying "warmer" weather

I used Kitty Litter for the ends and middle of the draft stoppers and fiber fill for the rest. I made three little bags and filled them with the Kitty Litter, pushed them into the tube, filled half way with fiber fill, added another Kitty Litter bag, filled with fiber fill, added the last Kitty Litter bag and machine sewed the end shut.

Happy quilting! I have the week off and am hoping to get alot done this week

Leave a comment:

• Patrice
    replied

good idea. those are cute

Leave a comment:

• Lola2Ace
    replied

I think one would be perfect to lay in the inside tracks of our sliding glass doors. There's an awful lot of coldness around them and these would help block alot of it.
    Thanks for sharing. I love your stash busting idea!
    Lola

Leave a comment:

• EsGrandma
    replied

What a clever idea! Hope everyone is staying warm! I think that I'll make a couple of those draft stoppers for some windows that I noticed were super cold this morning.

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Yikes! We only get that cold a couple of times a year.

Leave a comment:

• janluna
    replied

Here it is a balmy 3 degrees!

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

Really cute, Angie! It's "balmy" here in NJ today, too - 27 degrees with a little under a foot of snow on the ground. I work in a bank and have had ZERO customers today - I'm fretting, imagining all the sewing I could be doing!

What do you fill your draft stoppers with?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X