X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7quiltbaby
    replied
    Re: Moda Migration quilt as you go

Your Moda Migration quilt is beautiful. I just love those colors. Where did you get the pattern for that quilt. I would love to make that one!

Quiltbaby

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

Lap quilt #2 done! Onto free motion quilting #3 today... and tomorrow... and the next day...
    Tyler's quilt.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

It's assembled... the sashing is not perfect and I am still hand sewing the binding! I know my son will love it and he won't even notice the imperfections I just need to get over it and enjoy my hard work. I will post a completed picture this weekend and then onto my youngest daughter's quilt Moda Tweet Tweet disappearing nine patch (picture of the top on my profile page)

Leave a comment:

• plix
    replied

Your migration quilt is awesome! How is it going? Didja get it done?

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

I meant to post these pictures in the above post
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

I'm getting there... So far I have all of the vertical sashings on and formed four rows. I pinned on the horizontal sashings last night and plan to sew them together tonight. My goal is to finish with the binding Friday night and then onto free motion Alyssa's lap quilt

Leave a comment:

• Angie from Indiana
    replied

Thanks for the great comments I am sewing on the vertical sashings tonight.
    Carmen- Quilt as you go is a method where you make blocks, quilt the blocks and assemble them using sashings. I just completed one last month for my daughter using the book "Crazy Shortcut Quilts". I have pictures of it on my profile page, also they have a You tube video showing the process.
    Ok, back to quilting

Leave a comment:

• Carol_Ann
    replied

I bet you are loving each block as you complete them. Very nice work!

Leave a comment:

• bambine007
    replied

Hi,

it's very loveley. But I didn't understand what "quilt as you go" means.

cu
    Carmen

Leave a comment:

• patticakes
    replied

Oh it is wonderful! I have a finished D9P with this line and it is beautiful but I still have to quilt it. Wish I had done the quilt as you go method! Hope you post a pic when you complete it.
    Thanks - Patti

Leave a comment:

• debinmalaga
    replied

That's going to be beautiful. I'd also like to know how to assemble blocks that are already quilted - what a great idea, rather than wrestling a big quilt on the sewing machine!

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

That is one of the most beautiful quilts I have seen! I almost bought that fabric for my daughter, wish I had now.
    The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above, is under a quilt handmade with love. Don't ya just love that saying?

Leave a comment:

• shell.scraps
    replied

can you show us how you assemble the blocks together since they are already quilted? How do you hide everything so it looks "normal"? I have read the instructions...but I am a "see and then do" type of person rather than a read and go...

It looks great btw!!

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

excellent! enjoy

Leave a comment:

• Sewbee
    replied

LOVE it Angie! I have some of that same fabric and haven't decided what to do with it yet. This gives me some ideas. Your quilt is beautiful and I like the idea of "quilt as you go".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X