My favorite creation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite creation...

I made this for the 1st baby in our family...no pattern...it's how i like to create
    picked the colors and quilted the fabric... then just kept building...
    when you work this way.. there are no mistakes... just creative opportunities!!! Barbara
    Attached Files
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Re: My favorite creation...

This is adorable. Great job.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

oh Barbara! that is SO CUTE!!! will be well loved and cherished by the new momma i am sure and yes, i love to create that way too! thanks for sharing
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

What an adorable bag! You did a great job on it!
        Patti
        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

thank you all!!!

Comment

That is cute...and you designed it without a pattern?? I am impressed

Comment

That is tooo adorable! I like that much more than any commercial diaper bags I have seen on the market.
              I am impressed as well with your creation, and I like the way of thinking, no mistakes just creative thinking!
              What did you use to give it body and shape? That is what always scares me away from trying to make bags. I want them to have body and shape, but am afraid of the bulk in the seam allowances.
              Thank You so much for sharing and giving inspiration!
              Lola
              :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

oOo too cute ....clapping nice job
                One Moment at a time

Comment

thank you all so much...
                  as for making it... i took the strips left from the quilt and just stitched them all together and cut them into section pieces... the machine embroidered "angles" were bordered with the strips...this is in 3 sections (from top to bottome... i just backed each with thin batting.. and did "free motion".. good way to practice..

i made a front and back... then made a long strip to be the bottom and sides of the bag..(whatever i "squared it all up" to be is the size... i then just make a lining for the whole thing and some handles...add a loop and closure.. "Bob's you uncles"...
                  People know by now that ANYTHING i make will be one of a kind and not to ask for another one just like it... if i can find the pics of the whole set i'll post the as well.... thanks again...

Comment

Barb - you did a splendid job! We must think alike as I generally follow my own drummer as well.
                    Sewing mends the soul.
                    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Gee!!! Makes me want to have another baby!!! Just kidding. Maybe grandkids. Super cute diaper bag!!!
                      Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

GrammaBabs, WOW! What a beautiful bag! And one of a kind like the baby to be!!! I love that way of making things too!! Mistakes make things your own and not bought but handmade. You did a super job and I know the mother will love it.
                        Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

What a gorgeous bag! I always envy those who can dream up projects with no pattern. It's good that some of you can do it I guess. Otherwise there would be no one to make the patterns.
                          Pinky

Comment

You really thought this bag all the way through. A compartment for everything ..... wonderful!

Comment

Carol Ann.....That is the most BEATUIFUL Bag .......
                              bopeep
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X