Chickens and Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chickens and Roosters

This is a quilt that I made in 2010. It's just like my avatar except it's in mostly batiks. I think I love applique as you can tell.
    Attached Files

Re: Chickens and Roosters

WOW!! Not only do you love applique (obviously) you are amazing at it!!! Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

Comment

OH WWWOW! Now THAT's talent!
      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow these are beautiful! These projects using batiks are getting me interested int them..the batiks that is.
        Is your applique, machine or needle turned by hand?
        If it's done on the machine, do you use a fusible to attach before using the machine? I am asking because I am wondering if a fusible in a quilt feels stiff?
        Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful project!
        Lola
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

I love this. The colors are bright and you do fantastic applique.
          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I am not a chicken person, but yours are so colorful, you gotta love them! You did an outstanding job on making them!

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

very nice... plus the extra detail. with embroidery... great job....
              all the best
              Gina

Comment

This is simply beautiful. What an enormous amount of time and work on all the detail. I like chickens and roosters a lot although I have never quilted any. I have however made some folk artsy stuff with a chicken theme in the past.
                Great job!
                Sewing mends the soul.
                sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Now that is some serious beautiful work! I love the appliques on a quilt.
                  Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Such a colorful quilt! Must have taken you awhile to do all that work!
                    I love it!
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

This is beautiful work... i have a small amount of patience when stitching around the applique..may i ask if it is machine and what stitch you use?
                      i'm going to post a "funky" baby quilt i made this week.... someone needed one in 3 days.. so not near perfect, but kinda cute.... my crazy zig zag around the letters, was a bit irradic,,, but it's made for "baby spit up" to by OK...
                      "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                      that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Someone asked if this was needle turn? No it's raw edge applique with lots of different types of thread painting. The tread I used was sulky rayon thread. I use steam a seam 2 for my fusible and if the piece is large I cut out the middle before ironing it down, I also use a tephlon sheet to put the chicken together then iron it to the tephlon, when it is cool it peels off all as one chicken. Then I just place it on the background block and iron it down, then it's permanent. I like all types of puzzles so to me this is just a puzzle with fabric.
                        I would like to try needle turn, it's on my list. (We all have lists don't we! ) It just seems I'm always in a hurry, although I don't know why.
                        The rooster quilt in my avatar was just satin stitched around each piece and that worked too, and some just sew around each piece. This is getting long, sorry bye for now.

Comment

Jorji your quilt and applique is FANTASTIC!! Love what you did with the roosters. I think the machine thread painting adds so much to the character of the applique. I just got back from a Sew/Quilt Expo in KC last weekend and sat through a class on doing fusible applique. I am really getting excited to try it out!

You did a wonderful job!
                          Linda
                          -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Wonderful Quilt !!! I am a chicken person. Great work.

Comment

Working...
                            X