Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

photo (2).JPG photo (3).JPG photo.JPG
    I made the stocking in just under an hour using the crazy quilt method, but w/my charm pack and then found a tut on youtube for the star ornament which took about 30 min. It's poly filled and a button tufts the center, also from a charm pack. I made my star a little larger with a longer ribbon so it can hang on a door or wherever. Then, inspired by Jenny's 1/2 hex tut, I made these three table runner tops. Total time for all three about tops about 1.5 hours. Need to sandwich, quilt and bind them, but that shouldn't take much more time. I'm posting these for other newbs, like me, who may be looking for quick, simple ideas for Christmas gifts. They were all easy peasy!!!

Here's the youtube tut for the star:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Zl_KLdMpo
    Last edited by mjfilbeck; December 14th, 2012, 12:05 PM.
    May your life be always full, and your bobbins even fuller!sigpic

Re: Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

They all look beautiful, love the star and the stocking and the table runners!

Comment

Re: Quick n Easy Charm Pack Christmas Gifts - Plus my 1/2 Hex table runners from tut

Oh I love that star! I love all of them but I think I might need to make that star.
      Tanya

Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859

Comment

Originally posted by Tanya D View Post
        Oh I love that star! I love all of them but I think I might need to make that star.
        I just posted the youtube link for the star tut
        May your life be always full, and your bobbins even fuller!sigpic

Comment

I love the star especially. Thanks!

Comment

that stocking is wonderful! Love the star and the table runner great job thanks for sharing them!
            These things, I warmly wish for you-
            Someone to love, some work to do,
            A bit'o sun, a bit'o cheer.
            And a guardian angel always near.

(¯`v´¯)
            `*.¸.*´
            ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•Shannon

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=63
            http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=64

Comment

I love everything---especially the stocking...will definitely have to put on my to-do list...thanks for sharing
              Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

Beautiful projects. I too love the star. All items are lovely.

Comment

I love them all...I think I could definitely handle making the star ornament!
                  Lori

Comment

I just love seeing what other people make! Your projects are all precious and looks easy enough.
                    sigpicMISA
                    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Adorable all around Great job!
                      *Dee*
                      Believe
                      There Is
                      Good In The World

Comment

Has any one printed out the templates yet? I printed them out but don't know what size they are supose to be and how to cut the center
                        out for the window . Thanks for any help.
                        sigpic
                        Hugs Ann

Comment

They are all really cute. Love them.
                          Donna
                          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

All your projects turned out great! I loved the star tutorial but don't understand how to get the templates. I dont's have a Facebook account...is there any other way to get them? Barb
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Everything is just to cute. Gonna have to watch the star tut.
                              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X