Friendship Braid Table Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendship Braid Table Runner

After watching Jenny's tutorial on making a friendship braid quilt using the Binding Tool, I decided to make table runners for Christmas presents. I used one jelly rolll pack (Woodland Holiday by Moda) and had enough to make 3 table runners and 6 pot holders. I've attached a picture of only one of the runners, but you get the idea.
    Attached Files

Re: Friendship Braid Table Runner

Very pretty.

Comment

Very nice! Love the friendship braid but I have never tried one!
      Patti
      "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Very very nice! Got me to thnking about next Christmas presents. Hey I know it's not even this years Christmas but a girl has got to plan Exp. when the seasons material goes on sale.
        sigpic
        Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Wow with one jelly roll! Great job! Did you have to use anymore fabric or just the jelly roll for the whole thing? I want to make a table runner but don't know if I have all the fabric I need.
          Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

great job... i have done the friendship braid... i love the look... the look looks complicated but not sew bad... get it.. sew bad.. lol... just putzy... but what block isn't putzzy.
            all the best
            Gina

Comment

Originally posted by craftyladysam View Post
              Wow with one jelly roll! Great job! Did you have to use anymore fabric or just the jelly roll for the whole thing? I want to make a table runner but don't know if I have all the fabric I need.
              I used one coordinating fat quarter cut into 2.5 inch strips to make the outside border, and then 1.5 yard of another fabric for the backing and binding strips. This runner measures about 60" long.

Comment

I love your table runner and what a great idea! I am amazed at how much you did with just 1 jellyroll and a bit of yardage! Awesome gifts for some special people in your life!
                I would love to see the potholders too. Is there any way you can post a pic of them, if it's not too much trouble? I need all the inspiration I can get!
                Thanks for sharing.
                Lola
                :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Thanks for posting the dimensions. Your table runner looks great! I ordered a jelly roll yesterday to make a table runner so your message is very timely for me; I'm glad to know I can make more than one and give the others away. Did you use the binding tool to measure and cut the strips?

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by newbiequilter View Post
                    Thanks for posting the dimensions. Your table runner looks great! I ordered a jelly roll yesterday to make a table runner so your message is very timely for me; I'm glad to know I can make more than one and give the others away. Did you use the binding tool to measure and cut the strips?

Pat
                    Yes, as well as to finish up the binding. I separated the jelly roll into color themes before cutting which gave me the idea of making 3 different table runners. I'll try to post more pictures later tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                      I love your table runner and what a great idea! I am amazed at how much you did with just 1 jellyroll and a bit of yardage! Awesome gifts for some special people in your life!
                      I would love to see the potholders too. Is there any way you can post a pic of them, if it's not too much trouble? I need all the inspiration I can get!
                      Thanks for sharing.
                      Lola
                      I'll try to post them later tonight when I get home from work. On the potholders, I didn't bind the edges, just used some of the leftover backing fabric and sewed them right sides together, turned them outside and then top stitched the edges. Really great Christmas gifts for not a whole lot of money. I figured it up and only spent roughly $60 for the jelly roll, backing fabric and batting.

Comment

You are on a roll (jelly roll that is~!) I am addicted to the friendship braid. It is so much fun to make and seems to appear like magic to me. Great job! Love your color combo.
                        Sewing mends the soul.
                        sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                        Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                        ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Originally posted by Lola2Ace View Post
                          Thanks for sharing.
                          Lola
                          Lola - here is a picture of one of the potholders (I made a total of 6). I just pieced enough strips together until I could cut a 10" square; sandwiched it with some leftover back fabric and batting; flipped it inside out and top stitched the edges.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, thank you Tslave. That's a great idea too! and they really look nice and match the table runners that way. What a great way to get so much use out of the jelly rolls.
                            Thanks again for sharing with us, and I hope it wasn't a bother posting those pics!
                            Lola
                            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

No bother at all...happy to share. And call me Teresa!

Comment

Working...
                              X