String Quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

String Quilt

Natalie taught me how to do paper piecing and I'm just so excited about my string quilt, so I had to share! Here are the first 4 blocks I've got done and I'm hoping I'll have some time soon to finish all the rest. I love it! Thanks Nat for teaching me a new skill!

Re: String Quilt

Love it!! it really looks great and I can't wait to see it completed...
    Michele

Comment

It's coming together really well misty! So cute! I want one now
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Very cute!

Maybe paper piecing would be a good class. I personally have no idea what that technique is or I should say how it is utilized or why.
        :P
        Happy Quilting
        Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

okay girl, keep going! I can't wait to see more of this one! Its so much fun isn't it?

:twisted: I'm on a personal mission to turn every non quilter into a quilter...I will find your weakness...I'm coming for you....he hehe hehe hehe heh

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie
            :twisted: I'm on a personal mission to turn every non quilter into a quilter...I will find your weakness...I'm coming for you....he hehe hehe hehe heh

HAHAHAHA! Obviously you're a great teacher Nat... but you just wanted to use the evil smilie didn't you!

Comment

aaahh, you know me too well!

Comment

I like your string quilt. That is such a good use of scraps. You would never guess it was not planned that way.
                Niki

Comment

Gorgeous quilt!!! I really wish I could quilt.

Comment

Oh trajac,

Believe me when I say... YOU CAN QUILT!!! I thought all my sister-in-laws were crazy and then what do you know... I can do it. You just need a good tutorial and a little patience.

Comment

I'm going to have to try one of these in the future....add that on to my list of "UFOs to be"...
                      Michele

Comment

I'm just learning to quilt. After seeing the string quilt I made 4 blocks and put them together and I have to say that it was so much FUN!!! As soon as I'm done with the purse I'm making I am going to make a few more blocks

You know there are so many different ways to make quilts and us newbies really don't know all the different types.

Could someone knowledgable start a thread with names and discriptions of different types of quilts? If you could attach photos it would be great too.

Diane

Comment

Originally posted by rougealar
                          Could someone knowledgable start a thread with names and discriptions of different types of quilts? If you could attach photos it would be great too.

Diane
                          Ya! This newbie would like this too!
                          sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

look what I found http://quiltville.com/stringquiltingprimer.shtml

Comment

Oooh! I love a good tutorial! Especially when i don't have to do it! I can't wait till I have enough strings to make my own string quilt!

Comment

Working...
                              X