Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kalea's Quilt

Hi there,
    My daughter and I made a quilt for my daughter's sister-in-law's baby(her sister). We used the Dresden Plate design. Melissa made most of the "Plates". I only put two together. She had cut out all of the plates. (I need to say at this point that Melissa lives in Denver and I live in central Louisiana.)

Since this is my first quilt, don't look at the "bobbles". I decided at the last minute to add strips to each block with a square between the strips. Did not know that that would bring me so much grief. I really had to work to get the little square between the blocks, but finally was able to give the appearance of a "square" between the sashing. Some are not very "square".

Anyway, I completed the quilt and had it machine quilted. I knew that over the years, Kalea's might be dragging it everywhere. That way it would hold together better than hand quilting. Plus, we were running out of time. The baby is 3 mos already and lives in Washington state. It is now turning cold there and we are getting it out just in time to be used.

I would like to post pictures of it. I'll try.Kalea's Quilt.jpgDSCN4557.jpgDSCN4559.jpgDSCN4556.jpg

Re: Kalea's Quilt

Very pretty! I love the colors together. Keep quilting!

Comment

That is VERY pretty Pat! That surely is an 'across the miles' quilt and I'm sure it will be loved alot once she gets it.

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Very nice!!
        Michele

Comment

I like the colors! Nice job!
          Shelia

Comment

sO PRETTY. i LIKE IT!!!!!!
            Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Just a beautiful quilt. And, I know what you mean about getting those little squares in the right
              place. I think you did a great job. TFS

Comment

Pat that is a beautiful quilt! I love the Dresden plates and your color choices. I'm sure it will be greatly loved by both the baby and her mother. Great job!
                Linda
                -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful ...I love your choice of colors and the fact its soo from the heart....
                  One Moment at a time

Comment

I love it. The colors are so good together. Don't you just love the dresden plate pattern? One of my favorites! Nice job. Love the quilting to. hugs, Jan
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I thought it turned out pretty good for a beginner.

Comment

Pat I love your quilt! The colors are beautiful and your stippling is great!
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

really nice... i love the dresden if hadn't watched jen tutor. i would still think it would be hard...
                          but it is not as hard as it looks.
                          all the best
                          Gina

Comment

Beautiful!!

Comment

Thanks for all the great words of encouragement!

Comment

Working...
                              X